StromTrooper banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Administrator
16,600 Posts
Does your helmet not have speaker wells/inserts, or if they do can you not increase them a bit? Not sure of what helmets you have, but most helmets these days are pretty universal for all the bluetooth speaker systems.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The speaker wells are to shallow. Won’t fit in my shoei. It’s an older shoei. Cardo went from 30mm speakers to 40mm in 2019. They won’t work for me

·
Registered
11 Posts
The speaker wells are to shallow. Won’t fit in my shoei. It’s an older shoei. Cardo went from 30mm speakers to 40mm in 2019. They won’t work for me
I had this problem with my Arai Signet-X as well. Bought the JBL speakers with the Cardo system and couldn't fit my ears in the helmet anymore. Bought an previous-year speaker set on eBay that was 30mm (along with an additional cradle) and that worked much better. Fortunately, I can use the 40mm JBL speakers in my AGV AX-9 with no issues.

I'd be reluctant to drill out the styrofoam on the ears because there's not much room from the speakers to the shell. There's also the minor issue that this would obviously void any warranty were I have to send the helmet in for any other issues.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had this problem with my Arai Signet-X as well. Bought the JBL speakers with the Cardo system and couldn't fit my ears in the helmet anymore. Bought an previous-year speaker set on eBay that was 30mm (along with an additional cradle) and that worked much better. Fortunately, I can use the 40mm JBL speakers in my AGV AX-9 with no issues.

I'd be reluctant to drill out the styrofoam on the ears because there's not much room from the speakers to the shell. There's also the minor issue that this would obviously void any warranty were I have to send the helmet in for any other issues.
Thanks for the ideas. I thought about going back to the 30mm speakers but the cardo tech line told me not to. They said it was a major downgrade. But hey, 30mm speakers has got to be better than none. I think I will go that route.

·
Registered
575 Posts
How long have you had it? Is that the EXO ADX-1 or the EXO AT950? I just ordered an AT950 and it is too small. I wear a Medium in every other brand. I ordered a Medium and a pair of cheek pads for a size Large (about 5mm thinner each). It is still too small. The other negative is the face shield seems to start fogging after about 6 months and does not come Pinlock ready. The ADX-1 comes with the Pinlock face shield. I sent it back and will reconsider what to buy - maybe a Nolan 100.5 or HJC RPHA 90. Shame because I really liked the Scorpion. If I could get the right size (I guess Large with cheek pads for an X-Large) with a Pinlock shield, I think it would be a winner.

Cheers,
Glenn

61 - 70 of 70 Posts