StromTrooper banner
81 - 100 of 166 Posts
Is your problem that the service light is on?

If so it is more of a minor annoyance than a real problem.

I didn't like the warning so I biught the reset tool from Suzuki

..Tom
Thank you Tom,

It is not a problem but rather an inconvenience, especially since my bike is new and I do not like luck anything annoying in it.

I tried this today on my 2020. A jumper wire in the red connector. It worked just like in the first video in this thread. I made a jumper out wire and 2 pronged terminals with one prong cut off each terminal. Many thanks to this great forum Automotive lighting Amber Electrical wiring Wood Gas

The service alert resets just fine when put is dealer mode. The paperclip method of getting to service mode is iffy with some people (myself included) finding it blows a fuse.

I bought the Service mode tool and it works perfectly with no issue and once in dealer mode it is easy to reset. Most likely that dealer didn't have the tool.

..Tom
Hi Tom,

Maybe it's just me but since you have the dealer reset tool I was hoping you can clarify without me blowing fuses or worse damaging the bike. I reviewed the video by Benthiesing and the picture by Skinner, they appear to use the same 2 locations. I put the pictures side by side from Skinner and Dave MP with the dealer tool, to me the pin locations where Benthiesing and Skinner accessed is on the opposite side of the dealer tool. Can you confirm? Thanks!

I tried today with the paperclip and I too blew the fuse. Where do I buy the tool? I see the one for the vstrom 1000 on eBay but I understood it's different for the 1050.. My mechanic had one and it wasn't fitting, although the concept is the same (short 2 pins)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Partzilla.com has it when I searched using the part number provided in an earlier post. I'm thinking about getting it and the service manual as well, then you get free shipping from them.
Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Magenta

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Problem is that I don't have handy the pins to make my own makeshift connectors and the paperclip solution is a bit of a pain in the ass. I'd buy the right pins if I knew how they are called on amazon :)

Pin 1 is spezial for the Manufactory

Is 1 + 3 the dealermode switch?

Ground to Pin 1 ?

View attachment 283739
Thanks for the diagram. It appears to me that the dealer reset tool is using pins 1&3, however, the video and the picture from Skinner (refer to my post #83 above) is using 4&6. I was hoping Tom could clarify since he has purchased the dealer reset tool, but he wasn't able to find his tool. Anyone else has one and can help verify which pins using the diagram above to orient the plug (side tabs towards bottom)? The diagram appears to be for Euro models but I find it hard to believe that Suzuki would flip the pins for US models as discussed in earlier posts. I could be wrong of course, won't be the first time =)

I tried again, and I blew the fuse again (but I have a small stock of fuses).. I also tried both pin location and while pin 4-6 blow the fise, pin 1-3 do nothing. Imma buy the stupid tool :(
[edit] tool is ordered, will update when it's here.. couple weeks?

I tried again, and I blew the fuse again (but I have a small stock of fuses).. I also tried both pin location and while pin 4-6 blow the fise, pin 1-3 do nothing. Imma buy the stupid tool :(
[edit] tool is ordered, will update when it's here.. couple weeks?
Man, this is really odd. It worked for me just like the video. Vince82, it looks like you got to the service screen. Is that right?

I asked earlier in this thread but didn’t get a response.
Do the 2019 and previous models require a service interval reset or is this something that was introduced in 2020?

I asked earlier in this thread but didn’t get a response.
Do the 2019 and previous models require a service interval reset or is this something that was introduced in 2020?
As far as I know, they all do. The tool to do the reset changed with the 2020 though. The tool for the 2019 is MUCH easier to find

Just a suggestion. Didn't try this yet. But...

There is no current flowing between these two pins. It is either setting one pin to 12V; or the other to be grounded.

So, instead of a clip, use 12V, say 1W light bulb. If the light is "on", you're not using right pins. The fuse will remain untouched. The maximum current allowed by the bulb will be 83 mA.

A.

81 - 100 of 166 Posts