StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed my 600 mile service and noticed that the owners manual said to contact a Suzuki dealer to reset the service interval.

I gave my local shop a call and they stated that it needs to be plugged into their computer to be reset.

I’m wondering if any of you have taken it to the shop to have this done and if they charged you to reset it if you did the service yourself? Also, is there a work around for resetting this yet?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'm guessing that you need to put it in dealer mode, then a service menu reset option will show in the screen.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,732 Posts
If the ICU on the bike is anything like the ICU on my BMW 800ST, once accessed, the interval could be set for any time.
If power is lost the service light would come on too. Or just put a piece of black tape over it and ignore it.
Sometimes the dealer would reset if for free, others not. Depends on how good of a customer you are.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I just completed my 600 mile service and noticed that the owners manual said to contact a Suzuki dealer to reset the service interval.

I gave my local shop a call and they stated that it needs to be plugged into their computer to be reset.

I’m wondering if any of you have taken it to the shop to have this done and if they charged you to reset it if you did the service yourself? Also, is there a work around for resetting this yet?
How BMW of Suzuki haha

·
Registered
231 Posts

I've gone through the manual twice now and can't see where it says the dealer has to reset the service interval. It does say "NOTE: Consult your Suzuki dealer for the appropriate service reminder setting." There is a programmable Service Reminder function (see page 2-60) that explains how to set the reminder yourself based upon date and mileage. You just enter that information and the warning light will come on accordingly. I think the manual is suggesting that you get the information from your dealer so you can enter it.

That said, if there is something in the manual that states the dealer must reset the service intervan then I would appreciate you pointing it out to me. I'm taking mine in for the break-in service tomorrow and will ask them to reset if that's the case.

Cheers!
K

·
Registered
2 Posts
You need to jump two wires on the service plug under the rear seat then turn the bike on and select service on the screen and reset will be available, should be the outside two wires on the upper row.

·
Administrator
13,916 Posts
You need to jump two wires on the service plug under the rear seat then turn the bike on and select service on the screen and reset will be available, should be the outside two wires on the upper row.
Can you say which two wires? Is this the two wires (out of 6) that in past models put the vehicle in dealer mode?

Thanks,

..Tom

·
Registered
231 Posts
I made a video showing the two

Thanks for this. I disconnected my battery after my break-in service and the reminder was reset and I couldn't do anything with it. I knew there was a way to reset it, but the pins used on the 1050 are different than previous bikes. I just went out to my garage and reset my warning - no more little wrench symbol on my screen! (y)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all this info. Can’t wait to get rid of my little wrench that’s been there for the last 1200 miles 😂

·
Registered
231 Posts
This is brilliant. How did you figure this out????????
The service manual does show how to reset the service interval using Suzuki's "special tool", which is just a small toggle switch wired to a connector that does the same thing that Benthiesing demonstrated in his video. On previous models there is a similar procedure to access "Dealer Mode", but the pins in those connectors are different than the 1050, as I discovered myself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tried this ☝ and it shorted, sparked, and blew my 10 ignition fuse 😂

Does anyone have any guidance of what I did wrong? I thought I followed the video exactly......

·
Registered
231 Posts

Does anyone have any guidance of what I did wrong? I thought I followed the video exactly......
Wow. Did you perhaps have the connector upside down?

·
Administrator
13,916 Posts

Did you figure it out?

I just popped the 10 amp ignition fuse as well

I am sure I had the socket the correct way checked it several times. (But I am very good at missing the obvious.)

Do we jump and then turn on ignition or is there a different sequence?

@Skinner if you have successfully done this can you please take a picture of your plug with the jumper in for me?

Thanks,

..Tom

·
Registered
231 Posts
@Skinner if you have successfully done this can you please take a picture of your plug with the jumper in for me?

Thanks,

..Tom
IMG_2666.jpeg
IMG_2668.jpeg
Here you go Tom. It's the same jumper I used for my DL650. And you can see the C00 code on the display that shows the jumper is in place.

·
Registered
231 Posts
@Skinner

Do you turn on the ignition after jumping the connection or do so with the igntion already on?

..Tom
I connect the jumper then turn on the ignition. I followed the same steps as the video posted earlier.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts