Central Coast Riders? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
West and Southwest CA, AZ, NM, CO, HI, NV, UT

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 08-19-2010, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Guyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Posts: 292
Central Coast Riders?

This is weird, OK?

I'm not sure if I've got the whole private messages thing down around here. It seems like I always double send a pm?

Anyway, someone pm'd me about going riding. I responded but never heard back. Checked my inbox, nothing there....checked my sents....nothing there.

So, whoever it was that pm'd me about riding...please try again....this time I'll add you to contacts.

Also, I consider the central coast of Cali to be between SB and Monterey. If anyone is interested in riding....let me know.

Thanks.
Guyver is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 Old 08-19-2010, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Guyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Posts: 292
Or better yet....respond in the thread first....so I have a record.

Thanks again.

PS. I just did the Nacimiento/Ferguson to Big Sur ride. Awesome!

Found some interesting side trips too.
Guyver is offline  
post #3 of 26 Old 08-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
mikidymac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Santa Barbara County California
Posts: 29
Hello Guyver, it was me! I am in Santa Maria and have just been riding my wee to work and would like to get out and stretch it's legs. My schedule is tight but we should be able to get together. The only ride that I have been on as of now is with a friend on a Dyna Wide Glide that only likes to go to Los Alamos for burgers.
mikidymac is offline  
 
post #4 of 26 Old 08-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
Robmiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 28
I'd agree, great riding along the central coast. Just got back from a 2-day trip up to Auburn for Fast Fridays, via G18 through Fort Hunter Liggett up hwy 1 to SF, then across the GG bridge to 80 up to Auburn (speedway races). Second day took 49 to 50 to Pollack Pines, turned off on the Mormon Imigrant Trail (sweet ride) to 88 (breakfast in Kirkwood) to Markleeville, up over Monitor Pass (what a view) down to 395 south, back over Sonora Pass on 108 down to J59 and home. Awesome ride, @ 1K miles.

Candy Orange Max DL650K9 fully farkled
Previous Rides (all long gone) :cry:
'75 Honda CB125 (Candy Riviera Blue) too cool cable actuated front disc break
'82 Honda FT500 Ascot (Red) rode that thing all over California
'01 HD 1200XL Sportster (Black) vibrated my nuts off
'98 HD FLHRCI Road King Classic (Black) big, fat, comfortable beast
'85 Honda Nighthawk CB650SC (Candy Scorpio Red) ahead of its time
Too many dirt bikes to list
Robmiester is offline  
post #5 of 26 Old 08-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
darkwate27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sacramento CA USA
Posts: 52
NOR-Cal

Hey Ca riders, if you come up North again drop me PM I love to go to fast fridays and being in Sacramento its close. I also like the sound of 49 88 and the Sonora pass...............

DL1000
KTM SXC400 (for sale)
darkwate27 is offline  
post #6 of 26 Old 08-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!
 
kapenagary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Santa Barbara, Ca.
Posts: 91
Central Coast Riding

Guyver,

I'm in SB. A friend borrowed my Russell seat for going up to Sturgis but when I get it back next week I'm always looking for a ride. I'm retired so other than golf days I can go.

Just got back last month from Prudhoe Bay. Now there's a nice little 10,000 mile ride!

There's lots of great roads both on the coast and just inland between SB and Fisco.

Aloha,
Gary

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kapenagary is offline  
post #7 of 26 Old 08-20-2010, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Guyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikidymac View Post
Hello Guyver, it was me! I am in Santa Maria and have just been riding my wee to work and would like to get out and stretch it's legs. My schedule is tight but we should be able to get together. The only ride that I have been on as of now is with a friend on a Dyna Wide Glide that only likes to go to Los Alamos for burgers.
haha! Good to meet you. Glad we were able to get together. I've got just the perfect ride!
Guyver is offline  
post #8 of 26 Old 08-20-2010, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Guyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmiester View Post
I'd agree, great riding along the central coast. Just got back from a 2-day trip up to Auburn for Fast Fridays, via G18 through Fort Hunter Liggett up hwy 1 to SF, then across the GG bridge to 80 up to Auburn (speedway races). Second day took 49 to 50 to Pollack Pines, turned off on the Mormon Imigrant Trail (sweet ride) to 88 (breakfast in Kirkwood) to Markleeville, up over Monitor Pass (what a view) down to 395 south, back over Sonora Pass on 108 down to J59 and home. Awesome ride, @ 1K miles.
Nice! I was up in Auburn scouting some OHV's for my dirt bike. In a cage with the family though.....but great area. A little warm....

Can't wait to do the rest of your ride myself.
Guyver is offline  
post #9 of 26 Old 08-20-2010, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Guyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapenagary View Post
Guyver,

I'm in SB. A friend borrowed my Russell seat for going up to Sturgis but when I get it back next week I'm always looking for a ride. I'm retired so other than golf days I can go.

Just got back last month from Prudhoe Bay. Now there's a nice little 10,000 mile ride!

There's lots of great roads both on the coast and just inland between SB and Fisco.

Aloha,
Gary
Cool. Nice to meet you Gary. Love to ride. I'll be in touch.
Guyver is offline  
post #10 of 26 Old 08-20-2010, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Guyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Posts: 292
I'm excited to see people respond here. We'll get some rides together. Since we're obviously going to be having an indian summer; we've got plenty of weekends left. I've got some good spots to share.

I'm booked now. I'll get some pm's out tomorrow morning (if I can figure the thing out...) and we'll put something together.

I've been doing alot of solo; and blowing by alot of harley riders.

It'll be nice to ride with some bro's for a change.
Guyver is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome