1. Turn handlebars to the right all the way.
2. Locate wires coming from the signal light through to the inside of the fairing. On top of the connector there is a little "paddle". Lift up on the paddle and pull the connector apart.
3. There is a 17mm nut and a washer on the signal assembly stalk inside the fairing. That holds the light assembly to the fairing. Remove it with a 17mm open end wrench.
4. Pull the complete assembly out.
5. Put new assembly in. Thread wires through the washer and nut. Tighten nut.
6. The connector coming from the light has a little "tit" on top of it. That "tit" goes up. The connector coming from the headlight area has the "paddle". That paddle goes up. Then just push them together until you hear a faint click. To put them together, stand on the left side of bike facing forward. Light connector in left hand and other connector in right hand which has gone over the bars to get in there.
7. Remove lens with #2 Phillips screwdriver. Install an #1156 automotive bulb. ( available at any auto parts store and even some supermarkets)Replace lens.
8. Locate the refridgerator.
9. Remove cold beer.
10. Remove the cap.
11. Drink beer.
12. Discard empty container in returns bin. (for 5 cent return, 10 cents in some northern state that begins with an 'M')
13. Repeat steps 8,9,10,11 & 12 as many times as necessary for desired effect.
"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Confuseus