Uhh, that doesn't look right???
Well, over the past couple days I began to notice that my DL650 was shifting harder. I am one of the fortunate few who up to this point never had any of the well documented issues shifting. This issue was probably getting progressively worse for sometime but I didn't notice it until last Saturday. Anyway, yesterday I decided that I needed to look at the clutch and possibly adjust it. Having that I've never performed this on the Strom or any other bike, I pulled out the handy dandy manual and began going thru the steps. After I removed the clutch cover I figured out what the issue was. The bottom locknut that holds the cable to the housing was laying at the bottom of the cable, resting on the doo-hickey that the cable end slips onto. I'm not an expert by any means, but this just didn't look like the drawing in the book. After a couple of adjustments and test rides I happily found the adjustment I was looking for! Now I am back to shifting without denting the top of my foot in and I can actually find neutral without shifting up and down 73 times! If I had been thinking I would have taken a photo of my find at the time I discovered it since the drawing in the owner's manual and the one in the service manual both stink. :x
Anyway, thought I would share this and maybe add it to the things you may want to check from time to time.