Rough idle, surging, stalling, only when cold
Bought my first WeeStrom 3 months ago, 2009, 10K miles, 1 owner, immaculate condition.
I live in Alabama, hot humid summers. In the morning when its under 80 degrees, she don't want to stay running, no power below 4500rpm, surging, stalling, have to restart a few times on the way to work. After 15 min it starts getting smoother, more power, idles properly. After 20 min, when I'm at work, its running like a dream.
When I leave work, at 4-430pm, usually 85-95 degrees and she runs like a top.
I only have this problem in the mornings, under 80 degrees. It's progressively gotten worse and now, it's basically not rideable in the mornings.
Things I've done/checked.
- no error codes in dealer mode
- TPS indidcator is in center of c00, only tested cold with bike off
- checked volts, resistance, continuity on rear TPS
- spark looks good from each plug, plugs were a bit dark, but not too dark(i have pics). i did replace them any way
- ran 2 tanks of fuel cleaner through
- dont hear or see evidence of exhaust leaks
Everything i've been able to find on here is folks have this issue when their bike is hot or after long long rides.
Any suggestions? Tweaking TPS position? Check front TPS for volts etc?