If the light never comes on, I would suspect a fuse.
Proceed with care, if you find the fuse blown, as a short could cause damage to your wiring beyond a blown fuse if you try and replace it several times or bypass it. Shorted wires can heat up and melt insulation and cause damage to the wiring it is bundled with.
Replacing it once, to test and see if it was incidental is not a bad idea, but if it blows again (rapidly) -it means you should start looking for bare insulation from chaffing in the wiring, or perhaps a shorted out component. It is not uncommon for a fuse to blow if something is inadvertently shorted out in the process of other work that involves electrical connections or wiring, but you didn't mention anything of that sort, which is a little worrying. Without looking at the diagram, I don't know if 12VDC is sent to the wheel sensor, but I would look closely at it and the connected wiring because of proximity and the possibility of chaffing.
I hope that the answer is simply a fuse and that your system is back up and functioning soon.
'12 650 Adventure
Madstad 22inch Adventure windscreen & bracket
Adventuretech fork brace & mirror extenders
Enduro Guardian skid plate and radiator guard
Suzuki top box