We really don't mind getting calls to discuss installs and provide help. For anyone else who comes across this thread, the following is from the instructions provided for the footpeg and control lowering kit.... (embelished here).
1. Place a straight edge on the foot peg to see the existing position of the gear shift lever in relation to the foot-peg. (This ensure that the installer realizes that as supplied by Suzuki the gear shift is actually not level with the peg. It is approximetaly 3/4" lower than the peg. The amount the kit lowers the pegs [1" down and 3/16 forward] allows the gear shift linkage to be removed, repostioned, and still be 3/4" lower than the peg in the new position.}
2. Loosen and completely withdraw/remove the bolt (part #36) that holds the shift arm (#27) to the gear shift shaft (#18)
3. Remove the two bolts that hold the stock foot-peg and control plates to the frame.
4. Remove the foot-peg/control plates from the frame and slide the gear shift arm from the gear shift shaft.
5. Attach the adapter plate to the stock foot-peg and control plate with flush mount screws and ny-lock nuts.
6. Attach the adapter plate to the frame using the stock button socket head screws removed earlier. Again, blue Locktite 242 may be desriable.
7. Slide the gear shift arm over the gear shaft shaft in the position that results in the closest approximation of the stock position abserved in setp 1.
8. Re-install and tighten the shift arm retaining bolt (part #36).
I should probably make videos and post the to U-tube. I guess I better see if any of my kids or grandkids know how to do that. LOL