What parts came with your stand? My Motech stand came with these parts:
1) The stand itself.
2) Two brackets that bolt onto the lower frame to hold the stand.
3) Two springs that connect to the stand and right side bracket.
4) The bolts (4 of them) to hold the 2 brackets onto the frame.
1) Look at the stand and notice where the foot lever (bar sticking out) is located. You'll install the stand so that the bar is on the left side of the bike.
2) Looking at the stand with the bar on the left, notice which side the spring attachment thing on the stand is (on the right or left). Mine is on the right.
3) Now attach the matching bracket (with the upper spring attachment) on the same side as it is on the stand (probably on the right), with 2 of the bolts.
4) Before attaching the other frame bracket, figure out how the stand will fit onto the brackets (you probably won't be able to fit the stand if both brackets are on the bike). So fit the stand onto the brackets first, and then attach the other bracket with the other 2 bolts, to the frame.
5) Now put the springs on. Put the spring ends on the top bracket first, and with the stand proped up so there is less distance, use a large screw driver to pull the bottom end of the springs onto the lower bracket on the stand. The springs will need to go on so that they don't rub on the stand. If they are backwards, they will rub on the stand.