'14 dl1000 Denali compact Sound bomb install
I am still sitting here in astonishment a little over an hour after beginning to install a Denali compact Sound bomb on my 2014 DL1000, that I have a perfectly installed ear piercing horn. I bought the Denali horn, a model specific mounting bracket for the bike, and a plug and play harness that was bike specific from Twisted Throttle. After all the horror stories I have read on here, the cobbled together wiring, the ungrounding grounds, etc, to say I was hesitant to start would be an understatement. But after laying the parts out on my work table, I thought, well..this looks simple enough. It was literally as simple as removing seat, taking 2 screws out of the left lower tank cover and popping the cover loose, not even removing it. Then after locating horn which is sticking out right under the front beak, I removed horn, the wiring harness harness has a wire with two connectors that I fished along under frame and panels right up to over the original horn mount and plugged right in to the original horn wire connectors.
Next I mounted horn on the mounting bracket which bolted with one bolt on back side of top engine mount, then bolted the horn to the bracket.. .absolutely rock solid....then plugged the second wire from the wiring harness to the bottom of the Denali horn....that simple.....tie wrapped the two wire to secure them at several locations....thats it!!! Snapped left side panel back in place and replaced the two screws that secure it. Now all I did was plug the supplied relay, right into the wiring harness and secured it with tie wraps in the pocket right behind battery, then ran the last two wire, the fused positive and the negative wire right around to battery, tightened them down, tidied up everything with a few tie wraps.....turned on the ignition, hit the horn button....and woke up my wife that was upstairs asleep, that came running wanting to know what the hell was going on.....like I say, I am still sitting here in disbelief that it was that simple...no wire cutting, no splicing, nothing. Plug in four plugs, a relay, and connect to battery....it was really that simple....kudos to Twisted Throttle!!!!