I purchased an exhaust end piece a while back from another forum member with the intent of building a tool tube for the left side of my Wee.
Today I got around to putting it together. It is now test mountied and I still need to paint it.
1 - 18" long piece of 4" PVC
2 - 4" rubber caps with hose clamps (PVC terminal ends, instead of glue on caps)
3 - 1/4" X 20 X 2" SS bolts
3 - 1/4" X 20 SS Nuts
3 - 1/4" SS lock washers
2 - 1/4" X 20 X 1" thumb screws
2 - 1/4" X 20 X 1 1/4" SS Bolts
4 - 1/4" X 20 SS Nuts
First I cut my PVC to its maximum length which ended up being 17 3/4" long. I then placed one of the 4" rubber plugs and clamp on an end. Next the tube was tested for correct location on my Happy Trails luggage mounts and I marked them (two locations).
Next I fitted the other plug in place and then fitted my exhaust bling piece over the end of the rubber plug (all done in place with the aid of a ratchet strap to hold it while I located and marked my mounting locations. I then pulled the tube out with both the ends and bling piece still on it.
I drilled the two mounting holes and the three holes for holding the bling to the rubber cap. I installed the bolts into to the bling cap and then mounted the mounting bolts in place with three SS nuts.
After that it was a simple matter of bolting the tube in place. I still need to pull it off and paint the tube flat black. I used the rubber caps instead of pvc caps because I had them already.
Total cost $20
These pictures were taken with my cell phone. When I take the tube off to paint it tomorrow I will get better pictures of the components and mounting with the pannier off.
I felt I needed this because I am going to get a new Corbin modular seat and maybe the smuggler too: http://www.corbin.com/suzuki/svstrmfr.shtml