Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ottawa (Kanata), Canada
Installing Ignition Kill
Hi all...and HELP! :? :? :?
On my '05 Wee, need to find the most accessible place to install an ignition kill system. I believe it is the O/W I should be using (according to '04 Service Manual).
According to the instructions, I can use one of the following:
- wire btw ign. module and engine stop
- ground from ign. module
- wire btw ign. module and coil
- wire to ign. fuse
Now here are my problems/questions:
1) is the ECM the same as the ign. module?
2) there are two ign. coils on the Wee...does it matter which one I use?
3) how to get to the underside of the fuse box?
Unfortunately, only just have enough slack wire to get to the main wire centre (if that makes any sense), and dont feel like splicing in a new wire or two.
There is a 12V relay with an O/W sticking out of it. But that doesn't kill the engine when triggered.
Any help would be much appreciated.