Join Date: May 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
What's your ideal Strom setup?
I'm sure it varies as much as Strom owners, but I find it interesting to see what others see as their 'essential farkles'. I am amazed to see how some people just ride them standard. Customising is half the fun!
I had the pleasure of setting up a 2008 Wee this year for a 4500km trip to Tasmania and Victoria (with Charley Boorman through Compass Expeditions- highly recommended!!) and I set mine up to what I felt was perfect for me...but is that perfect for others as well? This is what I did... (taken form the ad I just put on Bikesales to sell it).. I can vouch for all the bits I added...yes, even the engine chip!
If this post belongs in an existing thread, please feel free to move it. I'm a long time member but not a regular user...
- Brand new (less than 1000ks) Pirelli road tyres
- Full Screaming Demon exhaust system with three baffle options- from polite to antisocial.
- Hi-flow air filter
- Puig Crash bars
- Custom made Aluminium bash plate
- Forward mounted retractable highway pegs- very comfortable for long hauls!
- Stainless steel Radiator and oil cooler guards
- Rear 1 inch lowering links (Plus standard links)
- Fender extender
- Lockable top box
- Storm Barkbusters with custom highly reflective detailing
- Additional very visible LED blinkers front and rear
- Nitro X engine chip- switchable for power or economy (550km per tank)
- Stebel Nautilus air horn (135db- VERY effective and safe)
- Custom 'Fake LH muffler' storage tube- holds a full set of wets or a large tool kit.
- Puncture repair kit
- Custom remote chain oiler (from a lever on the LH handlebar- see pics)
- Custom reflective detailing (matching blue by day / lights up like Xmas at night) on side panels, hand guards, wheel rims, mudguards and top box.
- Headlight protectors
- Taller, wider, slightly tinted windscreen (plus std screen)
- Garmin Zumo 550 motorcycle GPS (waterproof, with bluetooth to helmet) on custom bracket
- Custom camera / Go-pro mount
- Up-and-back bar risers- very comfortable riding position (plus Standard bar clamps)
- Twin USB charging socket
- Comfy sponge handgrips
- Carbon look tank protector
- New fairing decals (2009 style)
- Oxford colour-matched soft luggage (tank and panniers) with blue reflective inserts. NOTE- if price is to be haggled, I will sell the luggage separately.