After, ahem, modifying the bodywork Tuesday with a dog incident. I finally got up the nerve to bedliner the strom.
First things first, the damage. Not much at all.
Stickers are a PITA to get off, ever worse when they're rashed. A hair dryer on hot helps though.
Pull some more bits off it
Now we're naked
Rough them up with 220.
I used some adhesive and wax remover to clean them with.
I plan on doing away with the daylight invisible LED turn signals. Cagers can't see them. But the recess doesn't allow a flush mount.
Since it's not something you'll see I just drilled the area out. Hack yes, but this fairing has already had a big crack epoxied together. And there's a small chunk missing. So I don't mind.
After everything was sanded and prepped. I shot everything with two coats of adhesive promoter.
I began to shoot everything with my paint gun. Unfortunately, due to thickness, the liner clogs it easily. So I rolled three coats on with a roller.
No ADV bike modification could be complete with some sort of new farkle. I hate the stock horns bikes come with. Hopefully the cagers will notice these.
However, after putting the bike together more. I found out that the fan would hit one of the horns. So I relocated it.
Why they put these horns on bikes, I do not know.
Lord Vader, your motorcycle is ready...