I am currently riding an ST1100 and am considering a Wee, but have questions:
1) Will I be disappointed or surprised with the power of the wee compared to my heavy, 100HP ST?
2) where is the best place to buy aftermarket parts, such as SW-Motech bars, ETC...?
3) is there a better years(s) of the Wee to consider?
Thanks for now!
I'm new, but will help where I can.
1) Don't know. I had an FJR for a few years, and the wee is not as powerful. It's half the engine size, and more than half the weight. Don't expect ST1100 passing power, cause it's not there. That being said, it's fun. It's more than enough for real world riding.
2) Twisted throttle has plenty (SW-motech distributor), but there are a few owners of vstroms that make their own stuff, and their stuff tends to be very good, well thought out, and very useful. I've only owned my bike for a week, but Rick Hughes and Yann make great products that seem to be (by every review I've ready so far) of great quality, useful, and won't break the bank.
3)They redid the wee for 2012, and I'd do some searching on this site for the differences. Big ones are it's a different engine (based off the gladius engine), better suspension, and apparantly better ABS. But do a lot of reading. And there's LOTS of it on this site.