What are the differences between the 2011 and 2012 650 abs? I don't like "Fox Orange" and I may be able to buy a new 2011 about 1900.00 cheaper. Will the troops bring me up to speed? thanks.
Off the top of my head:
- Gladius instead of SV650 engine
- New cylinders, pistons, valves, camshafts, plating materials
- Flatter torque and power curves (more midrange grunt)
- slightly lighter, much better mass centralization
- slightly improved fuel economy, smaller tank, same range
- improved rear suspension
- redesigned front cowling and stance - improved aerodynamics
- redesigned windscreen, may or may not work for all riders
- all new fairings
- new dashboard and onboard computer (fuel consumption, temp, etc)
- redesigned seat - many say it's more comfortable
- slightly different seat-peg-bars ergos
- next-generation Bosch ABS controller, works pretty well on dirt
Only you can decide whether it's worth the extra $$$ over a screaming deal on a 2011.