Living the Stereotype
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Henderson County, NC
Not that there's anything wrong with them, but:
- They're top-heavy with a long reach for the legs which can make backing up challenging.
- Some allege there is buffeting off the stock windshield.
- The seat is not for everybody.
- New ones are no longer available in orange.
- The suspension and brakes are not top-notch according to many despite the modest MSRP.
- The oil filter and cooler are in vulnerable locations.
- You'll spend 36 minutes of your life removing and replacing plastic each time you need to get to many maintenance items.
- There's no chrome to polish.
- The electrical output capacity is marginally acceptable to cold-blooded gadget junkies.
- The dashboard melts under prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.
- The chain needs lubricating.
- Some people thing the flimsy handlebars have too much bend back.
- There have been throttle position sensor issues on some bikes.
- There have been stator issues on some bikes.
- There no sticker warning the operator not to lock the keys in the locked storage area uinder the seat.
- Helmet lock system is laughable.
- Wire spoke wheel option not available from Suzuki.
- Ditto on belt drive.
- Ditto on shaft drive.
- Women don't swoon over them.
- ABS is not available on the 1000's
- No factory ABS cutoff switch.
- New 650's available only with ABS.
- Stock exhaust note on "Saves Lives" scale scores a manslaughter rating.
Sent from my Hewlett-Packard 75C, using the Flying Merkel motorcycle app.
Stromin'Nroman NC28729, USA
DL650A K7 (Greywolf Moto Lab's R&D test mule) June 1, 2012 - present
DL650A K7 April 23, 2007 - January 6, 2012, RIP
"Look here brother, who you jivin' with that cosmik debris?" Frank Zappa, 1975