Price check on a '04 DL650 with 17.5K miles; $4000 FIRM
Still on a quest to get my first v-strom. Again I'm 6'6", been riding 6 months and coming from a Kawasaki Ninja 500. Appreciate your help in advance!
Very clean and adult owned 2004 Vstrom DL650.Space Blue in color, extras include side engine guards and rock guard, throttle lock, stock windshield and taller touring shield. Tires are 80/20 street/trail Bridgestone Trailwing. Always garaged and ready to go. This is a great trail bike, commuter or Travel to South America!
And my questions to him:
0) What's the mileage on the bike? 17,500
1) When could I test drive it? (I do have a WA endorsement). What would you need ot see for a test drive (I have gear and such). Meet halfway.. mt. vernon.
2) Any mechanical problems with the bike? Would you mind if my friend who knows motorcycles test drove it too? And perhaps taking it by a shop? No; Could meet me at mt. vernon suzuki dealership.
3) Do you have the title for it? Is title clean or re-built? Free and clear.
4) Has it been dropped? Laid it down at a dead stop. Right side. Plates outside the tank stopped it. A little scracthed.
5) Are you negotiable on price? Not negotiable at all. Says he has had 3 calls since he put it up last night. $4k firm.
9) How much did you purchase the bike for? From whom? $6200 ; oct 24 05
10) I'm guessing you're the second owner? yes
11) What was the mileage when you bought the bike? 5000 miles
11.5) How much in accessories did you put on it?
12) Can you tell me what type of riding you've done on the bike? road/highway mostly.
13) Do you have the bike's VIN, so I can run some background checks on it? JSI ( not L ) VP54A642100996
14) Do you have any service records? If so, can you email those? 18; change oil. tighten valves, original spark plugs.. fuel whole original, hasn't replaced the vapor hose. have never replaced engine cooolant. drive chain do it all the time. Breaks are good. Break fluid is good.
15) After how many miles did you change the oil? What you'd replace it with? 3-4 K miles
16) What kind of gas did you use? Regular. 55 mpg
17) I think you mentioned that the tires still had 80% left on it? 80% road / 20% dirt. Tons.