If I was to get a new Vstrom 650, I was wondering what you would suggest for accessories. I am looking at the following:
- Engine/crash guard.
- heated grips
- new windshield? Not sure on that one
- Saddle bags/box and on back. Which brand would you suggest?
-Aux. lights for fog and night riding.
- center stand
Anything else you would suggest. Plus, what accessory would you try and work in in the final sale.
I've owned my Wee for 24 months now. I've done a lot to it, but what I consider essential (I wouldn't wait to purchase) are:
1) new windscreen. The buffeting clobbered my ear drums. Givi makes a nice screen, but there are several others too.
2) engine guards and bash plate. That oil cooler and filter... they are just begging for a rock to kick into them.
3) Center stand: I waited a year to buy mine, and that was 12 months too many. Everything is easier when it has a center stand.
The rest is personal preference. I've gone with soft side bags so far, but will add hard luggage sometime before the summer of '18 (only because my big annual trip next year will be Utah to Central NY). I have giant Tusk hand guards, and I simply don't ride under 40 degrees, so heated grips haven't been necessary so far. I've got an eye on a Scott oiler, as well as LED headlamps. I replaced the brittle, enormous front turn signals, and will do the rear signals when it's a bit warmer.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk