Is it for me?
Is the Vstrom for me? I'm 5'8" 165 lbs (all muscle of course . . . ok maybe not) with about a 29" inseam. I currenlty ride a Yamaha Roadstar 1700cc. It weighs about 700+ pounds. I've dropped it a few times and have no problem picking it up using the butt-in-the-seat-and-walk-backwards method. I can almost flat-foot it when I'm sitting in the stock seat with stock suspension. No lowering kits here.
I have about two years of riding and about 10,000 miles under my belt. I can take my 700 pound bike and make a good U-turn on any paved street, including those narrow residential ones.
I live in Arizona and there are so many dirt roads that my cruiser just can't go on. I'm not looking at dirt bike trails but there are enough non-paved roads out here that I really have to plan my route just to make a simple day trip.
I looked at a wee a few weeks ago. It's pretty tall. So my questions are:
1. Is there anyone out there with close to my physical build with any opinions on this?
2. Has anyone put those links on their bike to lower it and how do you like it?
3. Will the Wee or the Vee handle well on dirt roads (both hardpacked and sand) with stock tires or am I better off getting a pair of knobby ones? How does it handle in general off pavement?
4. Is the Vstrom really a dual-sport?
5. Does anyone have any other good ideas/advice/tips/etc. that I haven't thought of yet?
Thank you in advance to anyone who replies.
Stay Safe - Bob
Last edited by bobnpenguin; 07-24-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Reason: oops, found a typo.