DL650 ?'s and more - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
V-Curious A place for those that are thinking about buying a V-Strom to ask V-Strom owners questions

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-04-2008, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mid-MI
Posts: 21
DL650 ?'s and more

Hello,
I'm new to the Forum and presently riding a 06 DR650 converted to Semi-Motard status. I really enjoy the bike although feel I need some refinement for longer trips. I'm seriously looking at the DL650 V-Strom although I have issues with T3 & T7 disc's and would like some real world information in regards to the Wee's suspension compliance. Does anyone have the Wee's specs for rear suspension travel? For those with some experience, what is the Wee's ride like on semi-rough pavement conditions? I've always considered the seat as a major portion of the overall suspension package, How does the Wee's seat compare? Are there any aftermarket improvements for the suspension and/or seat?
thanks in advance,
Dumac

Last edited by Dumac; 05-06-2008 at 12:24 AM.
Dumac is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 Old 05-08-2008, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mid-MI
Posts: 21
Evidently I'm on the wrong Forum, Sorry to waste everyone's time.
Dumac
Dumac is offline  
post #3 of 4 Old 05-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Xavier6162's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Corona Caifornia
Posts: 1,123
Did you try a search before asking those questions? I haven't been here very long, but those questions come often. Maybe folks are just plain tire of repeating themselves.
Xavier6162 is offline  
 
post #4 of 4 Old 05-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Compared To What?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Carlsbad (Not NM)
Posts: 1,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumac View Post
Hello,
I'm new to the Forum and presently riding a 06 DR650 converted to Semi-Motard status. I really enjoy the bike although feel I need some refinement for longer trips. I'm seriously looking at the DL650 V-Strom although I have issues with T3 & T7 disc's and would like some real world information in regards to the Wee's suspension compliance. Does anyone have the Wee's specs for rear suspension travel?
Just under 6" if I remember correctly. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumac View Post
For those with some experience, what is the Wee's ride like on semi-rough pavement conditions?
Before I made some changes I considered it too soft. . . .After some preload and compression dampening adjustments (rear) and stiffer springs and thicker oil (front) I'm pretty comfortable with the ride. YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumac View Post
I've always considered the seat as a major portion of the overall suspension package, How does the Wee's seat compare? Are there any aftermarket improvements for the suspension and/or seat?
thanks in advance,
Dumac
Lots of ways to go both in suspension and in seating. . . . The stock seat sucks (imo)......Replaced mine with a Gel Seat which is/was more than adequate for 4-500 mile days. Last year on the way back from the Reno StromFestWest I opted for a ride-in Corbin that I use for extended touring.

:hand: [I]Experience is a hard teacher because the test is first, the lesson afterward. [/I]
Compared To What? is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome