Well this is my first thread and I hope it's not my last here. I haven't been part of a motorcycle forum and I really like what I see here. Looking forward to being a member here.
So a little about me. I have been riding for a little over 5 years and started from a little Yamaha 400 and now ride a Monster 696. I am young (25) but I think I'm over sport bikes for now. 90% of my riding is commuting to work and local businesses with the other 10% being trips ranging from 30-180 miles. Which on the monster is somewhat brutal on my back and shoulders. Also the fact that my recent girlfriend has expressed a rather pointed interest in riding has me looking for something a little more 2 up friendly. So I'm in the market for something more comfortable and found a DL650 on my local craigslist. It looks like a decent deal on a great bike with a ton of extras like aluminum guards and bags and other goodies. Says its been well maintained and that everything was rebuilt before it was traded into the local dealer. He bought a new bike after having this one for a year. Claims all the riding has been on asphalt or dirt roads. No beaches or sand. Looks ok except for two issues.
1.) Has 50,000 miles. Now I know this is a touring bike so I assume that its really nothing for a well maintained touring/dual sport bike.
2.) He says it burns a little bit of oil. The price that he is asking for includes a top end rebuild/replacement. He is willing to let it go at a much reduced price without the top end work.
So is this a good deal?
I am a heavy equipment mechanic so doing a top end wouldn't be too big of a deal. Finding the time and motivation to do so though is another matter.
I am ignorant when it comes to these bikes so I figured I'd find the guys who love these bikes and are used to fixing them, riding them, and enjoying them.
Appreciate any feedback y'all would have!
Apparently I missed the no sales ad rule. My apologies.
That depends on what he is asking for it.
2012 DL1000 Adventure (Tinkerbell)
PC-V, TRE, CR8EIX , ECM, K&N, RDL, PR4, PC-8, EB H4, WERKS, Madstad 22", 17/43 gearing, AdventureTech: Fork brace, shelf, mirror extenders, SpeedoDRD, wheel spacer, Head's-Up voltage monitor, Goldwing pegs, Sonic 1.1, Wolo Bad Boy, ExTuff Helmet Hook.