StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Wee-Strom is out in the carport laughing it's arse off at the moment. :confused:

I guess it is glad I took the poor old KLR today. :yikes:

:green_lol::green_lol:

No damage to the bike, however I did discover my fuel cap leaks a little. :fineprint:

I continued on without a problem [this pic is a "before" shot though :biggrinjester: ].

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bet the KLR wished it stayed in bed this morning:biggrinjester:
Na,

The KLR just picked itself up, dusted itself off and said.........

"What the F:furious:k did you do that for stupid:confused:"

:green_lol::green_lol::green_lol:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sweet! Dropping your bike is not such a big deal after all. Looks lighter than the vstrom to pick up.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet! Dropping your bike is not such a big deal after all. Looks lighter than the vstrom to pick up.
Definitely easier picking it up than the Wee would be, the KLR is about 50kg lighter.

Dropping the Wee might be a big deal for me though, I really would be unhappy if I bent/scratched it. :headbang:

All that caught me out is that small rock just in front of the rear wheel.

I was turning the bike around on a narrow section of the track when the rock acted as a wheel chock and stalled the bike, my right foot went down to balance the bike but my foot was over a rut and had nothing to stand on but fresh mountain air.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Took the Wee out the other day with a fellow rider. Had a good time, on the way back we decided to take a short cut, needless to say I made a wrong turn.
We ended up on a goat trail riding over boulders the size of a helmet. I wanted to turn around but the other rider said It may be shorter to keep going, so we did. I was convinced that one of us was going to drop the bike it was just a matter of time.
A mile down the road I bent the skid plate bouncing off a rock, just after that ran in to an ATV and had to pull off into the brush so he could get past. He stopped and asked if there was a place to turn around up a head, answer NO! and good luck.
After all that no one dropped their bike and that will be the worst road I will take the Wee on(Never thought that I would do that on purpose)
No camera with us I may need to go back just to take pictures of the road.

·
Registered
588 Posts
This is just after I laid mine down. After I jumped off and saw the camera coming out I lifted the bike so as not to have proof of laying her down floating all over the net. In hindsight, it would've been a great shot. No damage done either way.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
This is just after I laid mine down. After I jumped off and saw the camera coming out I lifted the bike so as not to have proof of laying her down floating all over the net. In hindsight, it would've been a great shot. No damage done either way.

Good one:thumbup:
Looks like the road we were on only half as wide as the one you are on!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Jeeez speaking of Zzzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzzzz

It's bloody quiet in these forums over the past week or so...

Has everyone been Strommed out:confused:

cheers

Wobbly

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At least you can walk back to my place from there if it decides to stay asleep.
I doubt it Mick, the "before" photo was well before the "napping" photos.

Dropped it on a trail up off Webb Creek Mountain road not far from StAlbans. :yikes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts