StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got the Zumo a couple of days ago and I can't stop playing around with it! This thing is very cool. I love it in the car and never thought I'd use the Bluetooth. It works so well and being able to answer and dial from the Zumo is great. I also really like the text-to-speech for the road names. That too is a very helpful feature, especially when trying to navigate on busy city streets and you can't take your eyes off the road. I don't plan on using the Bluetooth on the bike but may pick up a decent set of earbuds so I can use the MP3 player.

I thought I was going to fab up a bracket for the bike so the Zumo would fit "up front and center" right above the gauges. I always liked the way this looked in other posts - clean and factory looking. However, I found this location would put the unit too far away from me and making on the fly adjustments might be awkward. So, instead, I decided to use the RAM mounting hardware that came in the box and mounted it right in the center of the bars. This puts the unit just below the gauges and much closer to me. The mount is very solid too. I think it's going to work out great there.

Here's a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Question

I have been looking at the Zumo 550. Does it work as well in the car as units designed for the car?

Can you enter specific longitudes and latitudes to navigate with the unit?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Yes and yes.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
I have my Zumo mounted exactly that way. I have a J & M Integrtr IV in my tank bag and plug the Zumo into that and listen to my MP3 collection....love it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What mount do you guys use for your GPS. I see the pic but can't figure out what you are using. Thanks!

·
Stromtrooper $upporter
555 Posts
What mount do you guys use for your GPS. I see the pic but can't figure out what you are using. Thanks!
If you get the Zumo, it comes with a RAM mount for the bike, which is what he is using. You can also order RAM mounts for other applications and products. I buy my mounts from Cycle Gadgets.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I thought I was going to fab up a bracket for the bike so the Zumo would fit "up front and center" right above the gauges. I always liked the way this looked in other posts - clean and factory looking. However, I found this location would put the unit too far away from me and making on the fly adjustments might be awkward.
Nice mounting job. I have long 36" arms but also get the feeling that the reach would be too long if I put it under the shield. I will be ordering one in a few weeks and look forward to lots of "fun" with the learning curve. I also picked up a Scala Rider FM at a discount so I'm going to try the bluetooth thing. We'll see how it works.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i think that looks outstanding. very nice. im jealous buddy! i thought i'd like to eventually get one put on out front as well- but seeing that- seems much better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts