StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The temperature range listed in the manual is 32F to 140F. Mine is always powered on or taken inside and I haven't had any problems but I don't have a lot of riding time below freezing yet.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Yeah, it can get flakey below freezing, but at least it starts up. I had a hard drive model in years past that would just throw up an error message that it was too cold to spin up.

·
Administrator
17,027 Posts
Maybe there is something wrong with the rider, especially for riding when it is that cold out.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
22,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BAH....ya big puss:) One thing to remember tho is that it has a "Liquid" crystal display. The liquid portion will freeze and crack the display if left in freezing temps for an extended period of time. Powered up during freezing conditions shouldn't be an issue but leaving the Zumo off and exposed to freezing conditions for any length of time would be a bad thing. The LCD display on my Uniden HR2510 froze/cracked when my truck was parked during a winter hunting trip.

liquid in them is not water, if you had something freeze & crack, it must have been damaged to begin with to have water in it, water is the only liquid that defies physics by expanding at freezing point, any other liquid, solid or gas contracts with cold

I use numerous items with lcd in extreme cold, most that happens is the screen goes blank till it warms up

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've been using my Zumo for a couple of winters now, have ridden in temps as low as 15º F and have had no issues...yet.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts