StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bluetooth enabled phone, and I'd like to be able to listen to music in stereo. Is there a way to do this and still be able to use the mic on a full-face helmet?

Options as I see it:

1. Headphones only...stereo music, can see/hear incoming calls but not answer/talk.

2. Bluetooth headset...can listen/talk, but music is mono, and battery life could be a problem for long days, or days without electrical plugins.

3. Helmet speaker system corded to zumo output + bluetooth enabled with the phone, not the zumo. Then I can use the headset via phone to headset, and dial etc. control the phone via the zumo. Would this work?

4. Some extremely expensive option like a chatterbox or star communications system that is complete overkill.

Do any of you have suggestions?

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I use ER6 ear phones, with an Edset mic with my Hornet. With my XD I used the Edset headset. I think the ER6 are much better but I have to deal with 2 wires. I also could not fit the Edset headset in the Hornet.

With either one I can receive calls with no issues up to 80+mph. Most of the time people don't even know I am on a bike :) I don't make calls though, and most of the time ignore incoming calls when riding.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use ER6 ear phones, with an Edset mic with my Hornet. With my XD I used the Edset headset. I think the ER6 are much better but I have to deal with 2 wires. I also could not fit the Edset headset in the Hornet.

With either one I can receive calls with no issues up to 80+mph. Most of the time people don't even know I am on a bike :) I don't make calls though, and most of the time ignore incoming calls when riding.
I had never seen edsets...looks like something that suits my needs and isn't quite as pricy as a full comm system.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I had never seen edsets...looks like something that suits my needs and isn't quite as pricy as a full comm system.
The speakers are awesome as is the mic. Very reasonably priced, and Ed takes dam good care of his customers. My cable malfunctioned like 6 month in to owning the Edset, and he sent a new one next day no questions asked!

Its to bad I cant fit the speakers in to the Hornet, its so easy to put helmet on, plug in one cable and go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts