StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ride planned where I will be getting on Zoar Rd. from Rt.2. According to Google Maps Zoar changes to River Rd., changes to Readsboro Rd. and finally changes to Tunnel St into Rt. 100 in Readsboro. Google doesn't provide a street view of those roads so I'd like to know if those roads are paved or dirt.....and if dirt, what condition.
Thanks

·
Registered
969 Posts
All paved. If you want a little dirt you can get off Reedsboro after Yankee Atomic and take Harriman Station. It ends up on Rt 100 on the other side of the river or the trans mass. trail.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,228 Posts
I will hopefully be riding out to Bennington Saturday and have some dirt in mind. Off 2A in Greenfield go under 91 and left onto Nashs Mill Road. Right onto Plain Road which becomes Green River road. Several miles up it will pick up Hale/Cow Path 40 and come out onto Route 9, which intersects with 100. That looks like about 5 miles total of dirt maybe. Off Route 9 about 5 miles west of 100 there is a dirt road that goes to Somerset Reservoir and north crossing the Appalachian Trail. It looks like that dirt road is around 12 miles long so I hope to check that out too. We'll see... Enjoy your trip. Columbus Day next weekend up here, which is nearly the busiest weekend all year due to leaf peeping. But not on dirt roads :)

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,228 Posts
I just did the length of the Green River Road and it was excellent! The Green River was down 100 feet in a gorge and the road kept dropping until I was running right next to the river. Only saw 1 car. Gorgeous with all the leaves falling! Almost all dirt and twisty.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
563 Posts
Another real nice ride from Rt 2 up into Vermont is 8A, picked up in Charlemont. Twisting elevation changes, paved.
No salt on the roads yet, so I'm still ridin'!! Yipppeeeee!!
Ride safe all.
g

1 - 8 of 8 Posts