StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 DL650A
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with the airport parking department confirming what I had found online:

Free motorcycle parking at the airport!

No reservations, no worries. Just drive on in and stay for free. It's inside the Parkade too, nice and close to the terminal! I was told there is a designated parking section on the second level, in the corner near the international gates.

This was some very welcome news for my upcoming travel, as I was looking at $140 in a very distant lot. Thought I'd share for those considering a flight!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Vancouver :unsure: ..."what if it rains ?" ;)

And how will you strap 2 or 3 Suitcases on your strom ? You'll need one just for your gear and helmet.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Plus it takes 30sec and a minivan to make your bike disappear.

·
Registered
2021 DL650A
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plus it takes 30sec and a minivan to make your bike disappear.
True. But is that more or less likely than any other place in the city, on the street? Here, I believe you need to pass through a plate reader to get in to the parkade, and there should be plenty of cameras. To me it seems safer than a lot of places in the city.

As I am coming into the airport from outside the city, this seems like a great option to me. Maybe not for everyone.

·
Registered
361 Posts
This is excellent. I'm going out there today to get a preflight check on our cat carrier, and I'll try this and report back.

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
It's great to personally realize a benefit from your tax dollars eh?
Airport parking is private enterprise, as is the airport. What I love is not needing reservations on ferries (they are public in BC).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts