StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyboy know where I might find some youth riding jackets? All I can seem to find on the 'Net is dirt bike stuff - which would be fine - except that the textile jackets don't seem to have any extra padding or reenforcement like the adult riding gear does. (You know, shoulders, back, forearms, etc.) They just seem to be 'regular' jackets made of Cordura.

Thanks.

·
Stromtrooper $upporter
555 Posts
I think Dianese makes youth gear.

But then, with any gear company, it depends on the age of the youth you are asking about. 1 year = probably not; 5+ = probably.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been searching also. There is not much out there. Here is a link to some on e-bay. Not sure how they are - just saw the ad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NC1-...004QQitemZ140212012804QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Dude...that's awesome. I managed to find one, but for a lot more than that one on eBay:

http://www.cruisinclothes4kids.com/shop/p1222.html

I also found some stuff at http://www.babybiker.com but they are in England the shipping costs are OUTRAGES!!!!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
800 Posts
My 12 year old son wants to ride around Lake Superior with me. We went and tried on jackets and pants. The Fieldsheer Aqua Sport S fit him. The small pants were WAY too long. May have to get him youth pants from the previously posted website.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Been having the same problems. Found that ladies sizes in the extra smalls aren't a bad gamble for the 6-12 year old set, depending on the size of the child. HJC makes youth size street helmets that are pretty easy to find. The hardest thing so far has been finding good gloves that will fit and stay on.
Still working on that one.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'm reviving this thread after a search brought it up. . .

I'm looking for some gear for my youngest two for Xmas. My oldest is 13 and she fits into my wife's gear just fine. My 11 year old daughter fits into my wife's helmet fine, but the jacket is a bit baggy. For short rides, it has sufficed, but she/we want to do longer rides next season and will need a decent jacket. I think for her we will be OK with women's XS.

My son (8), however, fits into nothing. I've used a Harley "Skull Cap" type helmet for rides around the neighborhood, but he needs a real full-face. I need to find him a jacket too. While I have found a few youth sized helmets, I've found nothing but DOT approved, no Snells.

This attempt at finding better gear "for the kids" works out to be a bit selfish as it means that I will 'have' to plan out more, longer, rides with them next season.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
My 12 year old son wants to ride around Lake Superior with me. We went and tried on jackets and pants. The Fieldsheer Aqua Sport S fit him. The small pants were WAY too long. May have to get him youth pants from the previously posted website.
Not to divert this thread, but sorry to say that may not be possible (or at least legal) until he's 14 years old if the [email protected]#$% government of Ontario has its way - Bill 117, to ban the carrying of passengers less than 14 years old on motorcycles (and scooters) has passed second reading and has been referred to the Justice Policy committee. Frickin' morons - another law that isn't needed and nobody asked for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts