StromTrooper banner

81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
He hurt his clutch finger unfortunately :(
That sucks. I dislocated my ring finger a few years ago. I just popped it back in place and kept on loading rocks into the truck. When that load was done I realized I needed to cut either my finger or my wedding ring off. It took well over a year before the knuckle was anywhere near a normal size and it still didn't have full range of motion for a fist. I hope his recovers faster than that.

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Ouch....I feel your pain!

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Dude get a dirt bike, seriously.

You are going to hurt yourself riding your Strom like that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Everyone,
since I have a center stand on my 2019 650 XT,
today, I tried the You tube posted trick to turn off ABS.
it seems to work.
1, start up, and let ABS run its self test. Ride forward a few feet.
2. Shift into neutral, keep engine running
3. Put bike up on center stand
4. squeeze front brake and Hold it on
5. Shift into 2 nd gear and release clutch, and rev to 1500 rom or a bit more
6. After about 60 seconds of the rear tire spinning freely, the ABS warning light appears on the instruments.

also explored the idea of adding relay and switch on handlebar to turn abs on or off for down hill dirt roads.
the 2019 ABS motor fuse is 25 amp mini fuse in the Fuse box and there is a red 14 AWG wire from the fuse going to a quick connect connecter, for the near term, I plan to just pull the fuse for dirt roads.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just finished the wabdr. Stroms plenty dirt worthy and buzzing home over hwy 20 was a joy that a “dirt” bike can’t provide.

My fuse box switch mod with abs switch on my dash was perfect. Used it several times in pavement to dirt transitions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 120 Posts