StromTrooper banner

61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Reading through this thread, our motorcycling backgrounds can be vastly different. I did only incidental off roading on my ZX11; from the pavement across the grass or two track to my tent. Coming from a big sportbike or bagger the DL650 is amazing on gravel, even with 80/20 tires. But coming from a "real bikes have tubes" background, ADV bikes are too heavy and ponderous in a sandy creekbed. And our standards and expectations have evolved over the years.

Beats walkn', I guess

Reactions: TheSexyMedic

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
motorphscology,
Probably spelt that wrong:)
Your pic reminds me of a buddy years ago who rode his harley in enduros. more if YOU are off road capable.:eek:

Reactions: Motorpsychology

·
Registered
483 Posts
Oof, that's a lot of bike to wrassle through snow and mud. Good fun if you have a crew to help, wouldn't want to try it alone.

Reactions: TheSexyMedic

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Oof, that's a lot of bike to wrassle through snow and mud. Good fun if you have a crew to help, wouldn't want to try it alone.
Oh I'm with you man, I would have been on my 250, but my buddy didn't want to take his 790ADV R on the trails so I was "stuck" with the strom 😝

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Somewhere on trails between Middleton and New Germany.
Sort of in my neighbourhood (Kentville area), but I've never gone south across NS. Home to Greenwood/Kingston a bunch of times.

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
I gotta say, you must be fit and strong

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Sort of in my neighbourhood (Kentville area), but I've never gone south across NS. Home to Greenwood/Kingston a bunch of times.

Cheers,
Glenn
Small freakin' world man! I've got lots of GPX tracks that I've imported and edited into nice rides on basecamp if you're interested!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Small freakin' world man! I've got lots of GPX tracks that I've imported and edited into nice rides on basecamp if you're interested!
Hell yeah! I have basecamp on my old computer and use Garmin Nuvi 760/765 on the bikes. However, I am computer dumb and don't know what to do with basecamp. Moving this to PM.

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Was he OK? Those were some ugly rocks he fell on top of.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have to say stock v-strom is the worst bike for off-road I had so far, even honda nc750x was far better.
Bad tyres (adventure wannabe), soft suspension, bad geometry/ergonomy, horrible ABS (if you don't witch it off), low ground clearance,
not enough torque etc etc It's basically street, touring bik nothing more..

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I have to say stock v-strom is the worst bike for off-road I had so far, even honda nc750x was far better.
Bad tyres (adventure wannabe), soft suspension, bad geometry/ergonomy, horrible ABS (if you don't witch it off), low ground clearance,
not enough torque etc etc It's basically street, touring bik nothing more..
... unless it belongs to some crazy Nova Scotia guy! ;) (y)

61 - 80 of 120 Posts