StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying I'm torn between two alterations that made a whole world of difference in my Vee:

1) Hinkle Engineering "werks" clutch basket. This is the realshelby modded basket.

2) Russel Daylong seat. Need I say more?

I don't think that I would have put nearly as many miles on it this year without these two great mods! This makes the bike viable for me to keep around a while longer.

·
Premium Member
4,183 Posts
I love my Kisan Tailblazer tail light flasher. It's very effective.

I do plan to mod or replace my seat one day.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
On the bike, hands down, it was the Sasquatch-rebuilt rear shock.

I'm a lardass and I ride vigorously. The stock shock, set up for a ballerina-sized Japanese test rider, had no hope...

Off the bike, the Lee Parks Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic was the best money I've ever spent on upgrading my skills.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
corbin seat, staintune pipes, and gas.... :thumbup:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Most recent is the addition of Stebel and Highway Blaster horns. Long over due and frequently needed when riding in the city.

·
Registered
174 Posts
16-41 gearing first mod followed closely by PC5/Leo Vince second mod. Now that bike runs like it should then everything else is frosting. Best of frosting for me was rear end by Sasquatch and front end by Racetech. My Vee has then been transformed into a serious keeper.

·
Registered
441 Posts
So far I am going to say the Yosh Box treatment. Though it is a bit rich at the moment, at least it is commutable.

Second is the Corbin seat. It came with the bike but it is VERY nice.

After the Yosh Box, my gearing choice of 17/45 is too short. Will go with a 43 in the back next time.

·
Registered
598 Posts
1. Oxford heated grips together with Hippo Hands. I wear summer gloves year round.

2. Sargent seat, though it is not as tall as I had hoped, considering a Russel.

3. Caribou luggage with SWM side racks. Very nice combination.

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
If it the ecu has not been remapped start there or add a PC III

Fork brace is happy

If you have buffeting do something about the windshield. I think this is 1/2 the reason VStroms get sold with little mileage

Do the chudder test if you got it then fix it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I can't even think of a mod I need to do for my DL1k. Maybe a 12v outlet for my gps.

After owning an 89 NX650 with six worn out springs I don't even know what you kids are crying about with this clutch chudder. I am now immune to it's effects.

·
Registered
766 Posts
1. Suspension up-grades.

2. Seat up-grade.

3. Handle Bars

·
Registered
28 Posts
My DL was maxed out pretty well when I got it, The one thing I did that I really like is mounting a couple of driving lights on my crash bars. I have them turned outward onto the fields and ditches to see any critters that might be approaching.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Corbin Seat and Ermax Shield

My two favorite adds to my 03 DL1K are my Corbin seat and my Ermax shield. The seat means I can ride all day, and the shield keeps away the buffeting that I had with the stock one.

I have added Stiebel Air horns, center stand, foam grips, cramp buster, passenger back rest, soft saddle bags and trunk, but the seat and shield are the best farkles.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I guess I'd have to say my two favorite mods so far have been.

1. The Power Commander with a good map.

2. Protaper ATV Mid handlebars with Rox Risers.

All rest made the bike more useable, better to ride, or whatever, but these two made the biggest impact on actually riding it for me.

Next is some fork work for SURE!!! They are starting to piss me off.

After that I'll consider a better seat if I can decide which one. But the stock seat doesn't kill me as much after changing the bars and lowering the pegs. Those two things changed the pressure points on the seat which really helped.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I am a tall guy so I love my Buell footpegs, (1" lower) and I made a custom windshield, and I sometimes feel like I'm riding a fullblown touring bike. Its comfortable. A third 'best mod' is a Rick's fork brace.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Interesting to read favorite mods based on location/region of the poster and type of riding they do. Most of the time it fits.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts