StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shan't be too much longer and the majority of canucks will be able to scoot around on their Wee's/Vee's.

What is your longest ride(s) planned for this coming summer?

Mine is another spin to Nfld as well as circling Vancouver Island.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
NFLD and Vancouver Island.

I can only dream of hitting either coast, let alone both, next summer. :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Touring 2008

hope to make it as far as Newfoundland, But will make it to Nova Scotia a couple of times this year (Cabot Trail).

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd love to do the East Coast round trip (Labrador-NFLD-Nova Scotia-New Brunswick) but since I have zero dirt/gravel experience the 1000km+Trans Lab Hwy portion seems a bit too challenging...especially solo. I may just stick to tarmac and ride the Cabot Trail.

The other idea I had spawned from my trip to Kelowna last September. Once I got back home I realized that I was too fixated with the destination and making the kilometers each day. (still had a wonderful time regardless) This time around I'm toying with the idea of just pointing my bike east and seeing where I end up at the end of each day. Maybe end up on the north shore of the St. Lawrence...Gaspe loop...visit the birthplace of Confederation...Meat Cove... Anyone looking for a trip partner? Maybe put together a Vstrom version of Mondo Enduro.

Shit...I wanna ride my bike now.

Patt

·
Registered
148 Posts
we are heading to Napa in May, with a slow ride up the coast home. Our plan is to head off into the obscure for the trip south and avoid the I-5 slab as much as possible.
Couple days in Frisco holding hands and enjoy the ride!:D

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Now that Lynda has her own bike and loves to ride she has a plan. Riding to Manitoba to visit her brother. Should be a great trip for the two of us.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'm riding down the Blue Ridge Parkway to TN and NC in May again, love the roads down there.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have two big trips in the planning stages for 2008...

One is a 2,500 km, four day, trip across Newfoundland, up to the Lanse Aux Meadows Viking settlement, and back to St. John's, on the Strom.

And the other is an all offroad, 900 km trip, across the island of Newfoundland on my DRZ400.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now that Lynda has her own bike and loves to ride she has a plan. Riding to Manitoba to visit her brother. Should be a great trip for the two of us.
Anywhere near my hitching post?

cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Big Ride 2008

I'll be heading down to do the Blue Ridge Parkway then onto the Tail of the Dragon. We'll take the coast on the way back hitting Kittty Hawk, the Chesapeake Bay Bridge - Tunnel up to Atlantic City. From there we'll head north throught the Adirondacks back to Montreal.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have 3 weeks in August and will do NFLD/Labrador. Have been trying to do it for 3 years now. God I hope I have good weather for the entire trip!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unfortunately that's a very tall order, in our neck of the woods.

Bring a good rainsuit and your fleece.

;)
We really lucked out last year. Arrived in Nfld early very early June and it was gorgeous the entire time we were there, couple days were actually hot!

I shall be expecting the same fine treatment again this time around..... ;)

Cheers!

·
Registered
852 Posts
We really lucked out last year.
You sure did.

Our ride back from Rocky Harbour to St. John's, last July, saw us riding through every form of weather, except snow...Rain, thick fog, high winds, blistering hot sun, and very cold temps. That was all in one day, over 790 kms of riding.

:mrgreen:

We did have nice weather for the rest of the three and half day trip, however.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Gonna start heading West come June 2nd.

Planning for the Rockies, Vancouver Island, want to see Yellowstone, and some of the US for sure. Plans still in the making. Deciding on two or three weeks of leave and figuring out whose all coming.

-Steve

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gonna start heading West come June 2nd.

Planning for the Rockies, Vancouver Island, want to see Yellowstone, and some of the US for sure. Plans still in the making. Deciding on two or three weeks of leave and figuring out whose all coming.

-Steve
Am I to assume that is Thompson, as in, Thompson, MB?

if so, look me up if ur ever down in the south part of the province, usually have a couple of frosted beverages on the ready.... ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
206 Posts
Man i am enviouse of you guys. Two big trips a year hell even one a year i wish.

I did a big trip to go see my brother in BC last summer in the cage (could not afford to take the bike) and ill still be paying for it this summer.

This summer ill be lucky to pull off a week camping trip in norther ontario.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Am I to assume that is Thompson, as in, Thompson, MB?

if so, look me up if ur ever down in the south part of the province, usually have a couple of frosted beverages on the ready.... ;)

Cheers
Thats it, thanks for the invite, will do... mmmm froosstteedd beerages.... :)

I have a few friends from the Morden area, one of which who is talking about getting his Triumph running and joining us on the trip, but of course I keep telling him to buy a Wee. hehe.

-Steve

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mmm...who do i know around here with the Trumpet?

There is one other Wee in town, a young fella, dont think he has ever been on the forum. Another Wee up in Carman I believe.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 73 Posts