StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you play with the big boys

I was invited last week to practice on the courses being set up for the San Francisco police Motors Competition. I spent all day Wednesday playing on the Strom (Thursday on the HD). Although the comp courses are more difficult than Police or civilian training courses, the ole Strom proved itself well and managed not to murder too many cones.

Being the only civilian and the only Strom out there, we were an easy target for the seasoned officers but eventually earned some respect and were unknowingly awarded Junior officer stickers

Overall the Strom did well but I was told next time to show up with some side bags on it as that makes cone navigation more difficult. The event turned out great with not only the competition, but had a CHP helicopter, car show, and a kids bicycle course. Four Tijuana motors showed up as well.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oddly enough, the Vee's height and seemingly top heavyness only become problematic when not carrying enough momentum at lock and lean. As the objective of the course is to get through it in the lowest amount of time with the fewest amount of penalties, carrying enough momentum through some of the 16.5' turns is paramount

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Dang! That's a lot of cones! Looks like fun!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Some of those motor fellows are nuts. When I worked for a local PD when one of the fellows got his new Harley (Dept. went from large Kawi's) he immediately went out and rode it up and down a staircase. He did well at the Police Rodeo in D.C. Pretty impressive riding.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
:hurray: Nice job Officer Trapperdog. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Nice job, T-Dog. The course looks like it would be a good test for my new Pilot Road 4's!

:mod2_scooter:

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice job, T-Dog. The course looks like it would be a good test for my new Pilot Road 4's!

:mod2_scooter:
There ya go. Ive had a PR4 on the front but just put a new 705 on the rear. I had 705's on the front for a while but the buckled on the courses. Not what they are made for though. The PR4 front slides out a bit at full lock under power on hot asphalt, but I know the motors guys swear by the PR2 and 3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts