StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have installed the Yoshi slip on or any slip on for that matter,have you had to repack it yet? If so how hard is it to do?
Trying to decide which slip on I want to install.
Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have 24k miles on my Yoshi and it still looks and sounds great! I don't believe it will need repacking for a while yet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Why re-pack? Louder is better! Haha

·
Registered
251 Posts
Not difficult at all. There should be some youtube vids that will let you know what you're in for.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's actually pretty easy..

You should have no problem at all doing it..

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Really? Well, that's gonna save me a lot of steel wool, I'll tell ya.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
One reason we didn't go with the Yoshi.
We have a Barrett exhaust on our bikes, no repacking req.:thumbup:
If you don't repack you will lose performance as the air flow will be slowed and the centre tube will wear out eventually needing replacement.

Cheers

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the answers guys. With this in mind,what are the slip on's that don't need repacking?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have Arrow one. No repacking.
Raffaele Rosi <[email protected]>
5:58 PM (1 hour ago)

to me
Good morning Mr. Mark,
we suggest to inspect and if needed replace internal wadding material every 8000km (inspection interval depends also on the kind of use of the bike). Repacking materials are available as spare parts and you can find a spare parts list on the website Arrow - Home, in the documents’ section of the page dedicated DL1000.

Best regards

Raffaele Rosi - Uff. Tecnico / Technical Dept.
So, the Arrow doesn't need repacking?

·
Registered
615 Posts
One reason we didn't go with the Yoshi.
We have a Barrett exhaust on our bikes, no repacking req.:thumbup:
If you don't repack you will lose performance as the air flow will be slowed and the centre tube will wear out eventually needing replacement.

Cheers
EXHAUSTS...
Picture
Our exhausts are 100% Australian owned and made. We have slip on mufflers to suit most 4 stroke bikes as well as some full systems. Please browse through our ONLINE SHOP to see prices and the range of models we have available.

All of our exhaust systems are hand TIG welded and feature a removable tea strainer baffle as well as a unique billet end cap which is easily removed to "simplify repacking". Our slip on cannisters are aluminium, and contain a stainless core surrounded by muffler packing and steel wool. Our full systems feature stainless steel headers which are either tapered or non tapered.

Should you be unfortunate enough to crash, our pipes are fully repairable and we keep all replacement parts in stock. We stand behind our exhaust systems 100%.

Hugh, are you sure they don't need repacking?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Raffaele Rosi <[email protected]>
5:58 PM (1 hour ago)

to me
Good morning Mr. Mark,
we suggest to inspect and if needed replace internal wadding material every 8000km (inspection interval depends also on the kind of use of the bike). Repacking materials are available as spare parts and you can find a spare parts list on the website Arrow - Home, in the documents’ section of the page dedicated DL1000.

Best regards

Raffaele Rosi - Uff. Tecnico / Technical Dept.
So, the Arrow doesn't need repacking?
WOW
so I was fulled on purchase. Seller promissed no repacking needed. Anyway, 15000 km's on it and no sound change... yet...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Staintune is the only can I know of which does not use packing instead they use a baffel technology, but they are also pretty spendy.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Staintune is the only can I know of which does not use packing instead they use a baffel technology, but they are also pretty spendy.
I had Staintunes on my V1 from the get go, high quality nice looking exhaust, great sound, baffle goes in and out in 1 minute.
As far as I can tell, they still do not make an exhaust for the V2.

·
Administrator
17,523 Posts
Scorpion also do not need a re-pack.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts