StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the dealer place the bike on the Yoshi box and adjusted the low and mid range richer by 5%. Still not quite on the money in the mid range assuming that the mid range starts at 3k rpm. The dealer stated that he could boost the mid range to 10% but thought it might be too rich and cause the bike to smoke and get unacceptable gas mileage.
Has anyone had the their bike on the Yoshi box and had the mid range adjusted to 10% ? If so any problems where you wanted it returned to the 5% adjustment? Thanks. Mark

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You sure that everything else is adjusted correctly and in spec? I did the same Yosh percentages as you, and my bike pulls like a freight train. I also have drilled out cans. How many miles are on your bike? I agree with the dealer, if you increase the mid range to 10%, you will probably run too rich. :(

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I took the bike back to the dealer and had the low end adjusted to 10% and left the midrange at 5%. The high end was left stock. Runs much better now and I will be leaving it where it is. Checked the tb sync when I got home and everything is fine there. I adjusted the trottle cables so that there is vertually no play in the throttle. I do not like any play in the throttle. Don't know if this causes any problems but it seems to work just fine.

·
Registered
130 Posts
yosh

Last Friday mine was done: 10% low, 5% mid, 0% upper. They also put the bike on an exhaust analyzer to make sure it was right. Bike runs great under 4krpm, with no burping. Bike is stock. Best $40 bucks I have ever spent. Took about a half an hour. Doug.

·
Registered
130 Posts
fuel milage

Well, everything comes at a cost. I am down from 45 mpg to 40 mpg after the FI adjustment (city/highway riding combined). Would still do it again, though. Overdrive can now be used at 70mph without the bike sounding sick, and the bike is a no-brainer to ride now. Before the adj., I always felt like I had to down shift. Now I just pick a gear and go. Doug.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bike mileage went from 50mpg to 45mpg after the adjustments were made. However, I am more than happy to accept the lesser miles per gallon now that the bike runs much better.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am consistently getting 45 to 50 MPG since I remapped!! I do not ride gently either!! It is amazing how much different mileage that people get. :eek:

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: yosh

DCDL said:
Last Friday mine was done: 10% low, 5% mid, 0% upper. They also put the bike on an exhaust analyzer to make sure it was right. Bike runs great under 4krpm, with no burping. Bike is stock. Best $40 bucks I have ever spent. Took about a half an hour. Doug.
How about just set the TPS to send more fuel sooner?
(I have a 1000 05) Can you tell me how to do this adjustment?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts