StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a Yosh Box anywhere in Southern California? I called all the shops in San Diego and no one has one nor do they know of anyone with one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes, I am replying to myself.

Found one place in San Diego that has the box. They are going to let me use it for free!

Lee's Cycle

I may try to buy it off of them for cheap since they said they haven't used it in 10 years and it has no knobs on it. Ha!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And for a third time in case anyone is reading; Clinton is the guy's name. He let me use the box and it worked great. Except that the mixture knob is broken off and only a little nub is left. They even used a sharpie to "redraw" the hash marks on it to use as a mixture setting guide.

Not the best set of conditions. But my bike works much better now that I dialed in somewhere between 1 & 2 percent rich on the idle circuit for both cylinders.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not the best set of conditions. But my bike works much better now that I dialed in somewhere between 1 & 2 percent rich on the idle circuit for both cylinders.
Is your bike stock? My stock 03 has a nasty habit of stalling if I twist too quickly off idle. Other than that, it runs great and I get 45+ mpg. It looks like my fuel economy will take quite a hit if I go the PCIII route.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is your bike stock? My stock 03 has a nasty habit of stalling if I twist too quickly off idle. Other than that, it runs great and I get 45+ mpg. It looks like my fuel economy will take quite a hit if I go the PCIII route.
KDA, I may head over there in the next few weeks. I think since the knob was broken off, I could hardly tell how much I was richening the mixture by. I am getting a steady 33 mpg now. Horrible mileage. Now, it does run infinitely better.

Wylee, yes, my bike was completely stock except for 17/45 sprockets. Now it is running so well, I think I will go back to 17/43 sprockets when they wear out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Marshall,

Did you end up buying that other yosh box or just use it at the shop? If you bought it, and you dont mind, I'd like to throw my bike on it.

Let me know

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
tech day...

...at Marshall's so we can all Yosh out crappy fueling. i'm serious. all us socal guys should meet up and ride down to his place and get ouselves sorted. do we need to vote?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Marshall,

Did you end up buying that other yosh box or just use it at the shop? If you bought it, and you dont mind, I'd like to throw my bike on it.

Let me know
I just used it. It sucked too. The knob was broken off and they weren't interested in getting it fixed either.

Know how much Poway is gonna charge? Hopefully not much.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...at Marshall's so we can all Yosh out crappy fueling. i'm serious. all us socal guys should meet up and ride down to his place and get ouselves sorted. do we need to vote?
LOL! Well it looks like I am going to have to bust out the schematics and build one myself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
KDA, I may head over there in the next few weeks. I think since the knob was broken off, I could hardly tell how much I was richening the mixture by. I am getting a steady 33 mpg now. Horrible mileage. Now, it does run infinitely better.
Right now, I would rather my bike run smoother than get great mileage...

·
Registered
860 Posts
Haha, I'm in! Maybe we'd make them eat their words.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Right now, I would rather my bike run smoother than get great mileage...
I hear ya. It really does make a big difference in the way it runs. I did manage 37 mpg on all highway rides this past weekend.

I will think about making a Yosh Box again and let you fellas know.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
LOL! Well it looks like I am going to have to bust out the schematics and build one myself.
let us know when it's ready. am NOT kidding. can't find anyone around here that will do it even if they had a box (CARB, pffff). i've a brand new manometer, if that's needed for the job, i can bring.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hear ya. It really does make a big difference in the way it runs. I did manage 37 mpg on all highway rides this past weekend.

I will think about making a Yosh Box again and let you fellas know.
If you do make one let me know, I'm not nearly smart nuff to do that kind of stuff... I can turn wrenches with the best of 'em, but when it gets to stuff like this I'm way over my head!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you do make one let me know, I'm not nearly smart nuff to do that kind of stuff... I can turn wrenches with the best of 'em, but when it gets to stuff like this I'm way over my head!
I can do the electrical stuff. And this box really isn't that complicated. I tried making a guitar pedal that was REALLY complicated and blew that one up bad. But this is super easy.

When it is done and ready (maybe within a month, busy guy as you can understand), I will let all of you know and we can have a meetup. :hurray:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Yosh Box tune I did on my bike is the single best upgrade I've ever done on my bike. It cured all the ill's.
I totally agree. I wish I did it before changing the gearing so much.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts