StromTrooper banner

Yosemite Camping Trip

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  pierpontcraig 
#1 · (Edited)
Took a recent trip to Yosemite and had a blast! We usually camp along the south fork of the Merced River. Have been for 30 years. This time we took bikes and used Wawona as a home base. Traveled through Tioga Pass to the eastern side. Found a great campsite called Big Bend with about 10 sites about half of which were empty. Pitched tents about 20 feet from a waterfall and a pocket of water that held Rainbow and Brown Trout.

Woke up to beautiful skies. View from my tent.

Then Mr. Blackie came to fish but we were in his hole. He reluctantly moved on.

Great trip with a great friend. One I highly recommend. Only bummer was having a Jeep come around a blind corner drifting sideways at 40 mph head on to us. One lane fire road. We were able to cross to his right
and miss his grill by inches. He almost went into the trees and never stopped. I was going to chase him down but my buddy stopped me. Probably smart.

Ride safe!
Craig.

See less See more
#3 ·
Great pics. Clear water is really pretty and the trout love those holes where a fallen tree makes it hard to make a good cast. Was out in Yosemite many years ago in a cage and it would be great to see it on two wheels. I like the top boxes on the bikes and they're surely cheaper than a Suzuki factory top box--what are those.

#5 ·
Mine is a Pelican. I can't remember the name of my buddies. They are far better than the factory top box as they don"t dent when you cram things into them. Way less expensive too. Yes your right..there were trout hanging out under that downed tree!

Craig.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.