StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the CC before I received the bike. I had seen threads where people had put it in the front fairing, under side plastics either side, and in the rear, so I figured I had plenty of choices. Had I not tried to make it more waterproof, I might've just returned it and gone with a throttle lock, but I'm stuck with it.

Looks like the tail is the only option and the cable will have to attach to the right side of the rear cylinder linkage. There is very little space to work in there, things are really packed in on these newer bikes.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I trimmed some of the plastic under the seat to allow a little more space. The dividers in there didn't seem to be needed and it gives more room for the servo unit to sit more to the side and rear.

To try to make a connection on the other end, I had hoped I could add something for the cable to pull backwards, but the clearance to the tank is minimal. I had to get a forward postion with the cable pulling forward on the linkage. I pulled off the filter box and it opened things up a bit. Much easier to see and work with that out of the way. (need a 3mm allen key with at least 6" reach for front clamp)

The cable is routed along the left side, thru the V and attaches to a lower bolt holding one of the ignition coils. The bolt is level with the throttle connecting link, so I got a longer bolt a spacer that I cut to about 16mm that moves the cable closer to being in-line with the linkage. The bolt head is just out of the way and the cable is just under. I was hoping to take better photos; I took my good camera, but forgot to check for an SD card. (my shop is a little over 3 miles away)

Hopefully tomorrow I can get back over to work on the wiring.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
BH, it looks real good.
It's a pisser that in this day and age Suzi didnt engineer a ride-by-wire throttle setup, add a handlebar switch, and program the ECU to allow for an integrated cruise control.

·
Registered
746 Posts
yeah I feel your pain, I am trying to shoehorn an Audiovox and vacuum booster in to that space....
Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts