StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been lurking for well over a year, and riding my little Honda CBR125 while deciding what sort of sport touring/adventure bike to get. I've gone back and forth between:

BMW G650GS - already had a single and wanted something else
F650GS twin - didn't really like the seat or lack of wind protection
F800ST sport tourer - pricey, ergos a little aggressive
Triumph Tiger 800 - pricey, hard on gas, felt a little big
Wee-strom (2007-2011) - just felt big

I didn't pay much attention to the Wee again until the North American bike shows and reviews started to really buzz about how it was a sleeper hit. I did a whole bunch of research online, hit the dealership this morrning, and walked away with a deposit down on this:

:hurray:

It's perfect - just what I was looking for. I always loved the practicality and price of the wee, but could never get over how big and bulky it felt to me (I'm light, small-framed, and used to riding a 300-lb Honda CBR125). The 2012 addresses every single one of my issues:

- Far more slender around the tank area. Reaching for the bars felt overwhelming on the old model.
- The saddle is much narrower in the front; straddling the bike is more comfortable for me
- Factory low seat option!
- CoG feels much lower and more sportbike-like
- Feels like less bike in front and behind the rider

I'm delaying pickup for a month or so until the worst of the weather is over around here, and also to give them a chance to bring a fresh one in for me. Can't wait! Looking forward to participating around here as well...

p.s. They had quite a few Glees (3 or 4) at the Vancouver bike show, and they were getting a LOT of interest and attention. I think Suzuki has a hit on their hands.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are happy we don't have to be jealous that you got the Beemer.
ROTFL. Funny!

I sat on all the bikes on my list at the show yesterday, and I knew from the smile I had sitting on the wee that I had made the right call.

My wallet thanked me too.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations on the new Steed,

Ya know the white ones are fastest :mod_biggrin:
The guys with the black ones say that too. Funny, haven't heard from the orange folks...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts