StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Wee used and it had an MRA Vario Touring screen on it (the shorter one I think). No real buffeting, but lots of wind noise, especially if I sit up straight. I'm 6'3" and had it mounted in the highest position. If I scrunch down a bit, it gets very quiet. Finally got sick of the wind noise and ordered a Madstad bracket.

Parts came quickly. Very well done instructions. Install was a piece of cake aside from the holes in the MRA not lining up great with the bracket. Flexing the screen a little got everything installed, but I"m a little concerned about stress on the screen causing cracks or something down the road. We'll see.

Installed it in the default position since the MRA isn't much bigger than stock I think, aside from the wing thing at the top. I hope to take it out for a short ride today and play with it a bit, but it's 30 degrees we got a dusting of snow. If the roads cooperate, I'll give it a shot.

So far, so good. Now I just need a test ride...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I took the bike out for a test ride. Verdict: worse than before in all settings with the default mount. Way too much wind noise.

Seems that taller was better than shorter though, so I re-mounted it using the high mount and went on another short ride. This was better for me. I ended up with it mounted as tall as it would go and angled back the whole way. Looks like ass on the bike like that though.

I need to wait for better weather as it's quite windy out there (snow squalls and such) which is making it tough to dial in. Some pretty gusty cross-winds with a front moving through.

I suspect I need a taller windscreen than the MRA given my height and that I'm using the gel seat which adds nearly an inch too. We'll see once the weather breaks in a few days and I get to ride again. Until then, the jury is still out...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts