StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My DL1000 currently has 6800miles on the clock and I'm noticing irratic running below 3000rpm and sometimes loud 'spit' noises when cruising at 2000rpm. I think the spitting noise is a backfire. My fuel is 95 unleaded octane (in the UK).

Is something out of tune or is the fuel injection bolloxed? I know its due a service at 7500miles.

Superb bike apart from that :p

Thanks in advance

Frank

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Try dropping to a lower octane gasoline, and see if it stops doing that.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
95 octane is the lowest I can get and is which I'm using.

·
Registered
5 Posts
VStrom 1000 Backfires

Just put first 100 miles on new 2005 DL1000 and it backfires between 2800 and 3400 rpm on level grade. Has anyone determined what causes this yet? I just filled up with Premium grade fuel and just made problem worse.

Is this a timing or mixture issue? The dealer seems to think mixture.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Simple FIX - You should not be cruising at 2000 RPM. * Ever, Ever, Ever.
Thats your problem!

You are lugging the engine. Ride @ 3500 + RPM all the time.
Makes a world of difference when you ride it like it was meant to be. Best Response will be tween 4500 - 7500 RPM!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sold my V-Strom now.... moved to better things: Aprilia Tuono :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Backfiring at 3000rpm

Just returned from the dealer. It was the mixture. Problem solved. They hooked their computer up and adjusted to run richer. They come preset to the absolute leanest mixture it'll take to run. She now runs smooth from take-off to crusing rpm's and this with a tank full of premium fuel too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Huh?

SemperVee said:
Simple FIX - You should not be cruising at 2000 RPM. * Ever, Ever, Ever.
Thats your problem!

You are lugging the engine. Ride @ 3500 + RPM all the time.
Makes a world of difference when you ride it like it was meant to be. Best Response will be tween 4500 - 7500 RPM!
who said anything about cruising? even so, backfiring is not acceptable anywhere around the tach.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
stromtro said:
I have had some seat time on a Tuono. Okay for around town, but not for me. To freakin' spendy, but very exotic.
hehe, yes that is true. I actually think they are terrible around town. Had to change the gearing to slightly improve it.

V-Strom was a good bike but not suited for my riding style at this time. I love big twins and the Tuono fitted the bill. I have to say it was a privilege to own one for a time though.

Happy riding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts