StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, and thanks for reading my first thread.
I live in Australia and have been around motorbikes most of my 42 years. startin off with dirt bikes to roadies then several Harleys!!! After a bad laydown two years ago on a road called " thunderbolts way" ( I live in Newcastle) i took a brake from riding. I really got the itch come november last year and decided to buy a 2012 wee-strom, in metallic fox orange!!! sexy as. May i say that i now know what this forum is talkin about. This bike has done everything and more that ive asked it to do with and ever growing fondness of how effortless it is to ride, anywhere!!!! All day riding,(390km in one stint) Thats the longest non stop ridin eva for me! I only had to stop for fuel. This bike is confidence inspiring the way it tips into corners, I havnt smiled so much riding for years. I had my doubts regarding a 650cc bike, but im glad i didnt go down the gs 1200 path!! Nothin wrong with money in my back pocket:thumbup:. Hope to hear comments and chat with u all soon. Will post photos of mods Cheers ****

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Welcome ****,

Only 390km?

It won't be long and you will think that is just a short ride. :fineprint:

My best is 1,012km in one day.

I have an 09 Wee with 52,000+km on it [bought new off the showroom floor back in Sept. 09], still on the original front brake pads, did rear pads/chain and front sprocket 4,000km ago [first sets of each from new], still running the original rear sprocket.

My previous bike was a BMW R1150GS that emptied my wallet to the tune of $6k for repairs and service over a 12 month period, I don't miss it at all. :green_lol:

You will love the Wee. :thumbup:

Cheers,
Ock.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply ocker. I only had to stop because i needed fuel! probably could have gone twice that!!! What is bothering me is the lack of knowledge suzuki dealers and suzuki themselves regarding accessories for the new model!!! i know i can get them from the UK much cheaper.....WTF $83 AU for a freakin tank protector!!! get real suzuki australia! I must say the best accsessory i have fitted is MRA X-Creen, changed the bike completley. Ive also fitted a 33litre SHAD top box & Motordry soft panniers, RKS hand guards. Im still tryin to work out how to post photos!! any help would be appreciated!! Cheers ****

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
buy the way, your avitar cracks me up....Its bill the cat from a canadian cartoon strip called " Billy and the Boingers " i havnt see that for years!!! in case u didnt know

·
Registered
736 Posts
Sorry for the piss poor photo quality.. Phone
Love the colour Vstrom ****. I have an orange on order in Canada (explorer model with the aluminum panniers). My previous bikes included a Honda CB350, now a real classic...took this all over North America with 1000km days. A Honda 750 was also driven all over North America and into Baha Mexico...this was considered a superbike in the early 80's and 1000km days were also driven on this one. Took a 40 minute drive on a 2011 Vstrom last summer and found this to be more comfortable, much better handling and more power than the 80's "superbike", although I will likely be paring down the distance to maybe 500-600kms daily and try to enjoy some of the backroads instead of just charging up the superhighways. Enjoy yourself....hope to return to Australia in the next 2 years as well....great country !!

Ken

·
Registered
702 Posts
Welcome ****

Glad to see another happy customer. I bought my 2011 in white and it's been great. I'm still now sure about the new 12's, but glad you like yours. You'll find plenty of invaluable information here to help with maintenance as well as general information. Glad to meet ya! :beatnik:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts