StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this problem, especially this time of year. When I return to my bike I find half the time there are a couple of wasps buzzing around my fairing area. Last year I found a few stuck to my air filter. Does the wee strom emit a certain odour or the ugliness of the bike attract them

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point , considering I only clean my windshield twice a year, maybe I should clean my bike more often, not! rather be riding

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
HAHA check for a nest.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Fall, the wasps are on a major food hunt, and dead bugs are easy pickin', wash the dead bugs off. I only worry about them at a light so that one doesn't go up my sleeve when I pull away.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yeah I get them buzzing around my bike at stops this time of year too. Even when it was clean - they also seem to be attracted to anything with a sweet smell, and the car wash soap I use has a sweet perfumy smell.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Yellow jackets are very aggressive and their stings stay with me for many months. I avoid as best I can.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Yellow jackets are very aggressive and their stings stay with me for many months. I avoid as best I can.
I was just stung by four yellow jackets last week when I hit a hive (they mostly nest in the ground) Still hurts

·
Registered
42 Posts
August, September and October are the high points of activity for Yellow Jackets. You think a few buzzing around your windshield is bad just step in a nest and Hell have no furry as a entire nest pissed off. I'm an avid bow hunter and this is the time of year I'm scouting for the up coming deer season. I can't remember the number of times I have been in the the woods running for my life!

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Bug guy also says after 15 feet or so, they cannot remember why they are chasing you. So if you can outrun them for a distance, you should be okay. Supposedly, some other species of stinging insects keep coming.

·
Registered
556 Posts
August, September and October are the high points of activity for Yellow Jackets. I can't remember the number of times I have been in the the woods running for my life!

Yep. Yellow jackets and bald-faced hornets. Yikes.

·
Administrator
17,537 Posts
Done use lemon pledge to clean your plastic. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
818 Posts
lol

i've had roasted mud daubers in their nests around the engine, but no wasps thank goodness.

the bees in wisconsin like my yellow helmet. i had one them crawl in the vent holes while it was setting on the bike during a break. i was riding down the road without my earbuds on and heard this noise, thinking something was wrong with my chain. it was one po'd little bee who wanted out of my helmet fast. :furious: :green_lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
A lot of biting, stinging insects are attracted to CO2 look at the Mosquito deleto it runs off of propane... it burns the gas leaving CO2 as a attractant..

·
Registered
288 Posts
Bug guy also says after 15 feet or so, they cannot remember why they are chasing you. So if you can outrun them for a distance, you should be okay. Supposedly, some other species of stinging insects keep coming.
Um. Not sure 'bout that given my experience. 35+ yards from front yard bank to back deck door. They got my lower legs (even stuck in my socks) and a couple definitely made it to the deck.

Wasps in my downspout got me a month back.

I need hazardous duty pay. Im sure my wife would understand :thumbdown:

·
Registered
22,323 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Ironic that the header today on this thread had two yellow jacket looking yellow and black bell helmet pics?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts