StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the paint code for the stock yellow color used on some 650s?

Went to dealer intending to get the code, but when they told me the decals were over $150.00, I totally forgot to ask. BTW, went down the road to a fast print shop. They can duplicate the decals for about $20.00!

Thanks!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yellow Paint Code - Thanks!!

Thanks Greywolf, most helpful.

I'm a 'grey' guy myself. Haven't yet made it to all 48 yet, but am working on it. Maybe we'll connect when you are on your 2nd round.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you take a painted body panel to your local PPG auto body supply, they can use their Profet system on it.. Basically , a digital camera that sends an image to the computer and matches it to all known formulas. It compensates for fade and any other discoloration.
You have wind up with a paint code for a Hyundaii, but it'll match what color your bike is NOW, as opposed to what it was when it was new.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
There's more than color involved though. The metal flake is a major part of many Suzuki colors.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was talking about color in the generic sense.... The metallic content of any automotive paint ( eitherbasecoat and single stage) is calculated and included in the formula.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts