StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running a XM Roady on my bikes and in my car/truck since 2004.
Its tired. I updated and Im now using the XM OnyX radio.
I use a R.A.M. mount for the bikes.

Anyone else using a OnyX radio on their bike?

Mounting hardware? Problems? Discuss...

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have been running a XM Roady on my bikes and in my car/truck since 2004.
Its tired. I updated and Im now using the XM OnyX radio.
I use a R.A.M. mount for the bikes.

Anyone else using a OnyX radio on their bike?

Mounting hardware? Problems? Discuss...
Not sure, but maybe I'm a little behind the times, thus missing something. Isn't the OnyX radio just a different satellite receiver.....that picks up the XM/Sirius signal?? I've run a mount with headphone attachment for Sirius/XM for a long time now. Actually, got sick of it and removed. Now, I only listen to my IPOD (books).

I mustn't know what's unique about OxyX?

·
Registered
759 Posts
I wish this thread didn't die so early. I am getting an XM Onyx in the next day or two and would like to hear more about it and how it works on the bike. I am also considering the little portable hand-held XMp3i thingy too. I don't know which one is better, if at all.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah, lets keep this going as I am considering the Xmp3i also for the bike and the car as my Roady is not really good for the bike.
So, what are people running?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been running my XM Onyx by just moving the car kit to the bike. I bought a 12v power socket at WalMart and wired it to the battery and the little magnetic roof-top antenna works fine stuck to the top of the headlight. I just put the receiver in my tank-top bag for easy access.
But I just found this SIRIUS XM Radio Motorcycle Mount so I think I'm gonna try it out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Use the ONYX ans move between both bikes and truck. works great,on H-D run through radio. On WEE just use head phones.

·
Registered
381 Posts
What's the cost?

How much did the radio cost and the monthly charge? I'm getting tired of my music collection and need some new music coming in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts