StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly is the difference between the two? Is staying with the O-ring chain the way to go?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
X-rings have two seal contacts and O-rings have one. Expand the following letters so the X and O touch the lines.

|X| |O|.

·
Registered
986 Posts
They say the x-ring chain has less friction/rolling resistance than the o-ring chain. I know there is less resistance with a no-ring chain, but they require more mainainence and thus they may have a shorter lifespan.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
They say X is better, I have used both several time on bikes. Other than one looking thicker it is hard to visually tell them apart. They last about the same too IMO, I lube every 500. I am using an O ring now. Maybe if I was a better rider I would notice it.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
X-rings have two seal contacts and O-rings have one. Expand the following letters so the X and O touch the lines.

|X| |O|.
What he said.

X-ring offers better sealing and less friction.

How much difference this makes is debatable. Many other factors make a bigger difference in chain longevity and performance -- dirt, rain, riding habits, maintenance habits, etc.

·
Registered
22,267 Posts
I know there is less resistance with a no-ring chain, but they require more mainainence and thus they may have a shorter lifespan.
fwiw, my XV920r at 58k still has the original sprockets and no-ring chain with no visible sign of wear (helps that it's 630 and enclosed)

Th Maybe if I was a better rider I would notice it.
if anybody, and I mean anybody claimed they could tell the difference by the seat of their pants, I'd have to raise :bsflag:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again guys. You are always a help. I think I am going to order sprockets and chain combo from Sprocket Center. We will see how they do.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way, Danner, your impute was invaluable. The impute you have is unmatched and well worth the read.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
'Talk so good'? Really? I cannot afford a computer that has voice recognition. I have to use the old fashion 'typing'. You DORK! See you at work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts