StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for the record, I for one am very happy that there are very few bikes like mine locally, I'll bet there are only three (mine included) within a 250 mi. radius. Every dork I went to school with has bought a Harley ( and they are still dorks) & every youngster owns a Ninja. I love it when a passer by gives me that "What the heck is that" kinda look. It's sorta like being the only kid on the block with that hard to get toy. I hear there is trouble getting Stroms in the States...Well for now , thats just fine with me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello road hazard

I feel the same way, I have a new 08 flat black and live in Weston WV. let me know where you are at. thanks strommin

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yeah, same here. I live in Wellsburg WV and I thought I had the only Strom around my area until today. I saw and waved to somebody in Follansbee riding two up on a Black one today.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I like riding the wee because no one else has one, at least not many here in W.Va. I do a lot of riding around W.Va. and most of what you see are cruisers. Always looking for another Strom but have only seen two in the last year around these parts..

·
Registered
5 Posts
WV Riders

Hello RoninWV curious as to where you are in WV. Saw a light blue V-strom around Weston WV but have not been able to catch up to him yet. Anybody interested in trying to find out who all we have riding stroms maybe getting a list going. let me know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Checkin' in! :D Hiya Ron. Seems the numbers are coming up a bit. My buddy in Barboursville has a Wee and another friend in Redhouse just got one. The Strom Army is getting bigger. :D

btw, I live in Scott Depot.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey guys. What we need is a meet and greet over coffee and pie somewhere. I'm in Hurricane W.Va., silver/blue '06. I know the guys over on ADV have been talking about a meet and greet but nothing for sure yet.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Wow, and still not a strom anywhere around Charles Town...hopefully one day ;)
I wouldn't be quick to say that. I'm in your neck of the woods just about every weekend for the past few even though I'm an hour away, I come out there pretty regular to play. Was actually just out in Berkley Springs and beyond there this past weekend playing on 901 and rt.9, shot into pa.near mc connelsburg too.
Last Monday my wife an I were out on rt.9, mountain road and some other roads out in that area. If you're up for meeting up sometime, let me know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm originally from Beckley, and lived for a long time in Madison, although I've been out of state since college, most recently in northern va.

There's no place I'd rather ride than good ole WV though. US 219 is my favorite riding road of all time.

I've made my way up to Harpers Ferry a few times, there are some nice rides up there!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm originally from Beckley, and lived for a long time in Madison, although I've been out of state since college, most recently in northern va.

There's no place I'd rather ride than good ole WV though. US 219 is my favorite riding road of all time.

I've made my way up to Harpers Ferry a few times, there are some nice rides up there!
What part of Nova? Go out to oakland area quite often, the rents have a cabin up there so we usually hit 33 or 50 on the way out, then 219...all sweet roads!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wouldn't be quick to say that. I'm in your neck of the woods just about every weekend for the past few even though I'm an hour away, I come out there pretty regular to play. Was actually just out in Berkley Springs and beyond there this past weekend playing on 901 and rt.9, shot into pa.near mc connelsburg too.
Last Monday my wife an I were out on rt.9, mountain road and some other roads out in that area. If you're up for meeting up sometime, let me know.
Absolutely Code! Last Friday I actually rode some of the same roads. I looped past Berkley Springs on Rt. 9 to Rt. 29 and then back down to Rt. 50 through Capon Bridge. As noted, a lot of great rides up through there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
What part of Nova? Go out to oakland area quite often, the rents have a cabin up there so we usually hit 33 or 50 on the way out, then 219...all sweet roads!
In Chantilly now, I was just on a piece of 33 this weekend, coming back from Roanoke, I heard Skyline drive is a mess between 33 and 211, so I jumped off onto 340 for a while.

I don't think I've been to Oakland, is that near Cacapon?

·
Registered
332 Posts
BBD...sounds good. Will definitely let ya know..too funny you were on some of those same roads.

Goose...Oakland is closer to the md., wv. border off of 219 in western maryland.
Deep creek area kinda, more south and west though. Seneca rocks is about an hour south of there if that helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I saw one out of the corner of my eye going up Rt. 60 in Barboursville, WV near the Huntington Mall on Wednesday the 2nd. Just saw it well enough to know it was one of us, other than that all I could tell was that it was a darker color (black/silver?).

·
Registered
292 Posts
The family and I were on our way to her family reunion in Middlebourne and saw a light blue Strom in the parking lot of one of the plants on the way down.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Hello west virginia strommers!
I very may well be a west virginia strommer in the not so distant future. I HATE MARYLAND. I love west virginia. I am in the process of ripping my house apart and repairing to increase the resale. I'm an over the road truck driver who is currently taking a little time off to catch up on my beer intake and fishing, and here's my rough plan. While/after I get this house in proper shape for a sufficent resale price, I plan to join a trucking company that will be cool w/ my move to west virginia employment wise, whatever part of w. Va I may choose. I'm not joking with these next questions so I'd really appreciate your suggestions for my real estate research. Ideally, I'd like to have a piece of property secluded and large enough where I could brew my morning cup of coffee, walk out in my yard, and target shoot w/out having law problems. What areas of Wva would you guys recommend for this?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh them WV hills!

Man I envy you guys...........I grew up and learned to ride in WV, South Charleston and Charleston,my folks still live up towards South Hills. I have tried to PM a couple of you just for the heck of it but no replies. One of my favorite rides used to be from Charleston to Hawk's Nest and the back way over Droop Mountain. I have to get back there.........livin' in Florida is nice, just way too flat!!:(:( :cool: There used to be a way to get all the way to Huntington from the back side of the Springhill area of South Charleston that was the most awesome country road, I can't remember the number now.....I've often wondered if it was still there after corridor G went through? Any pictures that you guys could post would be great..........

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello west virginia strommers!
I very may well be a west virginia strommer in the not so distant future. I HATE MARYLAND. I love west virginia. I am in the process of ripping my house apart and repairing to increase the resale. I'm an over the road truck driver who is currently taking a little time off to catch up on my beer intake and fishing, and here's my rough plan. While/after I get this house in proper shape for a sufficent resale price, I plan to join a trucking company that will be cool w/ my move to west virginia employment wise, whatever part of w. Va I may choose. I'm not joking with these next questions so I'd really appreciate your suggestions for my real estate research. Ideally, I'd like to have a piece of property secluded and large enough where I could brew my morning cup of coffee, walk out in my yard, and target shoot w/out having law problems. What areas of Wva would you guys recommend for this?
if fishing is important, it's got to be raleigh or greenbrier county. that's where I'm from so I'm biased, but you've got the New, Bluestone, and Greenbrier rivers within an hour of you, and easy access to I64. plenty of places you can shoot in the yard.

also bikewise, youve got US 60 and 219, both stupendous.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Man I envy you guys...........I grew up and learned to ride in WV, South Charleston and Charleston,my folks still live up towards South Hills. I have tried to PM a couple of you just for the heck of it but no replies. One of my favorite rides used to be from Charleston to Hawk's Nest and the back way over Droop Mountain. I have to get back there.........livin' in Florida is nice, just way too flat!!:(:( :cool: There used to be a way to get all the way to Huntington from the back side of the Springhill area of South Charleston that was the most awesome country road, I can't remember the number now.....I've often wondered if it was still there after corridor G went through? Any pictures that you guys could post would be great..........
That's US Route 60, the same one that goes down by Kanawha Falls, through Hawks Nest, turns into the Midland Trail and runs all the way down through Greenbrier County to Lexington VA, and I think out toward Charlottesville!

Corridor G runs to Logan now, and you can actually hook up with the windy route 10 down there now, and have another roundabout route to huntington.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts