StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to tell the wife and child to leave me alone for the whole day so i could do a much needed tune up on the new to me vee.....

oil change...done, easy.
Air filer... done, easy
rear spark plug.... done, easy
front spark plug..... done. WTF was suzuki thinking when they put that design in motion? there is coolant everywhere, i'm bleeding, but the new plug is in.

i WAS going to do valves today, but eff that. I will just take it to the dealer. I doubt they're out of spec, but just peace of mind for me.

maybe i'll wait until a local tech day to do them.

Throttle bodies will be synched later today. I'm running wires all over the place for new farkles while the bike is apart. (they look funny naked.)

am i missing anything? what else would you do to a new to you bike as far as a tune up goes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
results.

starting of teardown...

installed the corrected speedo....

replaced air filter. got rid of the K&N and went for a stocker. would have liked a uni, but couldn't find one.

two fresh plugs....

got my electrical farkles ready to rock....

room for two more!

how she sits...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is! I bought it a few years ago in hopes that it would work on my KLR and i couldn't find a spot to use it. The strom holds it perfectly and has the juice to run some extra stuff.

FUZEBLOCKS.COM

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Jeez, you're 95% of the way to a valve check already -- why would you pay the monkeys at the stealership to have a chance to get in there and break stuff?

Just doooooooo eeeettt... :fineprint:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Great thread, but the title is a little misleading? Where did you get the speedo faces?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jeez, you're 95% of the way to a valve check already -- why would you pay the monkeys at the stealership to have a chance to get in there and break stuff?

Just doooooooo eeeettt... :fineprint:
the spark plug install kinda took the wind outta my sails. When i do the realshelby clutch basket, i'll prolly do the valves.

Why'd you bale on the K&N?
some stuff i've read and heard makes me shy away from them.

Great thread, but the title is a little misleading? Where did you get the speedo faces?
here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts